13 Years of Virat Kohli: 13 interesting facts about India, RCB skipper that you should know – India skipper Virat Kohli on Wednesday successfully completed 13 years in international cricket. The 32-year-old had taken his first steps when he made his ODI debut for India in 2008. He didn’t get a flying start to his career with just short-lived 12 runs in his first international match. The right-handed batsman had to wait for 14 matches for the first century that he slammed against Sri Lanka in Kolkata in 2009. Till date, Kohli has registered 43 tons in ODI and 27 in Test cricket. Here we discuss 13 interesting facts by Virat Kohli that you should know.
13 Years of Virat Kohli: 13 interesting facts about India, RCB skipper that you should know – Virat Kohli made his ODI debut in 2008 and was part of the 2011 World Cup winning team.
2.Virat kohli ICC ODI Cricketer of the Year – Virat Kohli was named the ICC ODI Cricketer of the Year. At the age of 23! in 2012
3.Virat kohli fastest ODI Runs – Virat Kohli is the fastest Indian cricketer to reach 1000, 4000, 5000, 6000, 7000, 8000, 9000, 10,000 ODI runs.
4.Virat kohli captained – Virat Kohli captained the India Under-19 team to the U-19 World Cup in 2008.
5. Virat kohli hundred on World Cup debut – Virat Kohli was Only Indian to score a hundred on World Cup debut.
6. Virat kohli ICC rankings – Virat Kohli reached the number one spot in the ICC rankings for ODI batsmen for the first time in 2013.
7. Virat kohli 1st Wicket – Virat Kohli a wicket off his first delivery in T20Is. Virat Kohli got England’s Kevin Pietersen wicket on the first ball of his career.
8. Virat kohli decided to play a Ranji match against Karnataka despite his father’s death the same day in 2016, Kohli went on to score a crucial 90 for his team.
9.Virat kohli Best Dressed International Men – In 2012, Virat Kohli was named one of the 10 Best Dressed International Men in a list that also included US President Barrack Obama.
10.Virat kohli T20I 1000 runs – Virat Kohli became the fastest Indian to score 1000 runs in T20 Internationals.
11. Virat kohli ODI 10,000 runs – Virat Kohli became the fastest player to score 10,000 runs and broke Sachin Tendulkar’s record.
12. Virat Kohli has been retained by the Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) of the Indian Premier League, RCB for INR 17 cr for the 13th season of VIVO IPL. With a salary of Rs 17 crore, Kohli is presently the biggest earner in the history of the league.
13. Virat Kohli has so far led India in 63 matches as captain. He overtook MS Dhoni who has represented India in 60 Test matches earlier this year.
13 Years of Virat Kohli: 13 interesting facts about India, RCB skipper that you should know