Adidas has announced the #HOMETEAMHERO Challenge – a virtual sporting event for the world’s athletes to unite and help make a difference by dedicating their workouts for good. Running globally from May 29 – June 7, for every hour of tracked activity, adidas will donate $1 to the COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund for the World Health Organization (WHO), with the goal of reaching one million hours.
Bringing together its global community of athletes to take part, the challenge is enabled by the collaboration between multiple activity tracking apps, including Garmin, Zwift, Polar, Suunto, JoyRun and adidas’ own suite of performance platforms – adidas Running and adidas Training – which will also house an extended selection of Guided Workouts led by top athletes such as Cricketer Rohit Sharma, Track Sprinter Hima Das & Boxers Nikhat Zareen & Simranjit Kaur.
The result of this collective effort is the creation of a global digital sports event, where everyone is invited to participate to help reach the one-million-hour goal, making all minute’s matter, regardless of sport, discipline, ability level or current stage of lockdown.
Manish Sapra, Senior Marketing Director at adidas, said: “It is our endeavor to provide tangible ways for consumers to keep active & engaged during these testing times. Regardless of circumstance, what unites us all is our drive to do good, feel connected to each other as one team and most importantly, to say thank you to the essential workers who were there for us in a time of need. This is our chance to be there for those who kept us moving.”
This challenge is the latest in adidas’ collaboration-orientated response to keep its communities healthy, active and connected as the world begins to transition into what’s next. Giving an opportunity to people to lace up, contribute and support the front liners by making every minute count.
How to join the #HOMETEAMHERO Challenge
- Download the adidas Running or adidas Training app create an account, or log in with existing account
- (Optional): Connect Garmin/Polar/Suunto/Zwift Account with the account in the adidas Running app
- Sign up to the #HOMETEAM Heroes Challenge from May 18
- Log activities within the global challenge window of May 29 – June 7 and adidas will donate $1 for every hour logged to a total of one million hours
- Track sports activities with the eligible sports types (running, training (adidas Training app), walking, yoga, cycling, strength training, elliptical, aerobics, treadmill, virtual running, virtual cycling, spinning, soccer, basketball, dancing, tennis, boxing, ergometer, hiking, mountain-biking, inline skating, Nordic walking, race cycling, wheel-chairing, trail running, handcycling, skateboarding, rugby)