Beckham gets FA nod to join Salford City as director

Major League Soccer,Football Association,David Beckham,David Beckham Salford City,Salford City Director

The Football Association has cleared David Beckham’s appointment as a director of Salford City.

The former England captain had bought 10% stake in the non-league club to join former ‘Class of 92’ Manchester United team-mates Gary and Phil Neville, Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes and Nicky Butt.

Salford City had shared the news on its official Twitter handle. “We are delighted to announce that The FA have approved David Beckham to become a director at the club. Our new co-owner will be introduced to fans at Saturday’s game against Maidstone United,” read the tweet.

The news about Beckham’s stake acquisition in the Salford City was revealed only last week. The ‘Class of 92’ jointly owns 60% stake in the club. The remaining 40% stays with Singapore businessman Peter Lim.

Also read: Beckham joins Manchester United’s Class of 92

Becker will be present at the Salford City game against Maidstone United tomorrow (Saturday), where he will be officially introduced as the club co-owner.

The ex-England and Manchester United striker also owns the US club Inter Miami, which will be joining the Major League Soccer next year.

LEAVE A REPLY