Bundesliga LIVE on Tuesday. Don’t Miss first time on Bundesliga Battle between Borussia Dortmund vs. Bayern Munich Erling Haaland and Robert Lewandowski line up on opposing sides for the first time in the Bundesliga when second-placed Borussia Dortmund welcome leaders Bayern Munich to the Signal Iduna Park on Tuesday (kick-off: 6.30pm CEST/5.30pm BST/12.30pm ET).
Haaland’s 10 goals is as many Bundesliga games have helped Dortmund claim 27 points from a possible 30 in 2020. The Norwegian teenager was on target in the 4-0 Revierderby win over Schalke a week ago, though it was wing-backs Raphael Guerreiro and Achraf Hakimi who did the damage in Saturday’s 2-0 triumph away to top-six hopefuls Wolfsburg. BVB’s leading scorer and assist provider in 2019/20, Jadon Sancho, had to settle for a bit-part role as a second-half substitute in both games, but could make his first start since the season restart as Die Schwarzgelben chase the win that would close the gap at the summit to just one point. Defender Mats Hummels – who won three successive titles with Bayern before returning to Dortmund in summer 2019 – is expected to start, despite being hooked in Wolfsburg with Achilles trouble. Former Bayern midfielder Emre Can could unseat either Mahmoud Dahoud or Thomas Delaney after returning from injury in place of Hummels at the Volkswagen Arena, but fellow enforcer Axel Witsel remains a doubt. Club captain Marco Reus has not played since February, and will be a spectator once more.
Bayern were given a scare in their meeting with Eintracht Frankfurt, before powering over the finish line to maintain their record as the Bundesliga’s only unbeaten team this calendar year courtesy of a 5-2 win. RB Leipzig were the last side to take points off the record champions, and first this season to stop Bayern from scoring when they held the record champions to a goalless draw at the start of February, but you have to go all the way back to 7 December 2019 for their last defeat – 2-1 away to Borussia Mönchengladbach. Indeed, Bayern have only lost twice since Hansi Flick took charge, the ex-Germany assistant overseeing a commanding 4-0 romp against Dortmund on his debut no less. Lewandowski struck twice on a chastening night for his former employers, taking his tally to nine goals in his previous four Klassiker encounters, and 18 in 19 overall. The Pole heads to Dortmund with a league-leading 27 goals to his name so far this term, while Bayern have hit a record 80 after 27 rounds of fixtures. Serge Gnabry should start on the wing after beginning the Frankfurt game on the bench, but it remains to be seen what role influential midfielder Thiago – absent on Matchday 27 with a muscular complaint – will have to play.
Borussia Dortmund vs. Bayern Munich
- Bayern have hit nine goals without reply across the previous two Bundesliga meetings between these sides (4-0 and 5-0), but Dortmund ran out victors the last time they met at the Signal Iduna Park in the league, winning 3-2 on Matchday 11 last season. In fact, Dortmund have lost just one of the last four (W2, D1, L1) Klassiker matches on home soil.
- Dortmund also clinched the Supercup at their famous home back in August, meaning coach Lucien Favre has a 100 per cent record at home against Bayern with two wins from two.
- Haaland’s return of 10 goals in as many games mean the Black-Yellows are the only Bundesliga team this term with three players on double figures for goals: Haaland (10), Reus (11) and Sancho (14).
- Lewandowski is the league’s top scorer this term with 27 goals, scored at a rate of one every 82 minutes. Haaland, who joined in January, has bagged his 10 at a rate of one every 69.
- The Poland captain is also this Bundesliga fixture’s record scorer (17 goals) across spells at both clubs (16 for Bayern, one for Dortmund) and Lewandowski has notched 12 goals in his last six Klassiker outings – scoring on every occasion. He’s also scored at least twice in each of the last four league games against Dortmund, a run that dates back to his hat-trick in the 6-0 demolition of his former employers on March 31, 2018.
- Lewandowski is one of four players in the two squads to have crossed the Klassiker divide, with Hummels, Ivan Perisic and Mario Götze also having played for both clubs.
Dortmund: Bürki – Piszczek (c), Hummels, Akanji – Hakimi, Can, Brandt, Guerreiro – Sancho, Haaland, Hazard
Out: Reus (thigh), Schulz (muscular), Zagadou (knee)
Doubtful: Witsel (groin)
Coach: Lucien Favre
Bayern: Neuer (c) – Pavard, Boateng, Alaba, Davies – Kimmich, Goretzka – Gnabry, Müller, Coman – Lewandowski
Out: Coutinho (ankle), Tolisso (ankle)
Doubtful: Süle (match fitness), Thiago (groin)
Coach: Hansi Flick
Where to watch Bundesliga 2020 Borussia Dortmund vs. Bayern Munich LIVE match live in India (TV channels)?
Borussia Dortmund will roll out the carpet for Borussia Dortmund on Sunday. Borussia Dortmund vs. Bayern Munich game live telecast will be on Star Sports Select 2 and Star Sports Select HD 2 in India.
How and where to watch online Bundesliga 2020 MAZ vs LEP match live streaming?
Borussia Dortmund vs. Bayern Munich live stream will be available on Disney+ Hotstar VIP or the Disney+Hotstar website in India for VIP users.