BWF Calendar : Kashyap, Praneeth, Prannoy and others upset with BWF’S cramped up calendar

P Kashyap  – 22 events in 5 months –  non-stop travel  – 

HS Prannoy –  Good Job BWF 
Sai Praneeth –  People are saying, reduce travel – we will be traveling more
 
This is how Indian players have reacted to new calendar by the Badminton World Federation (BWF). The BWF on Friday announced a new 2020 tournaments calendar on Friday after the Covid-19 crisis led to suspension of the season. However, most of the Indian shuttlers criticized the new cramped schedule, mentioning the fact they would be required to travel continuously for 5 months.
Parupalli Kashyap was the first Indian shutter to take to Twitter and say that the international federation has scheduled 22 events in 5 months even though the players have not been able to practice outdoors due to the Covid-19 lockdown. Kashyap also tagged other shuttlers, including former world No, 1 Viktor Axelson, Carolina Marin, and others and asked for their thoughts on the revamped calendar. Kashyap also pointed out that the BWF scheduled the Indonesia Open and Syed Modi India International on the same dates.
HS Prannoy responded to Kashayp’s tweet and sarcastically wrote, “good job BWF”. Sai Praneeth, too, took a dig at the federation.
According to the new schedule, tournaments in New Zealand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand and India have been rescheduled, while the season resumes in August with two BWF Tour Super 100 events in Hyderabad (Aug. 11-16) and Lingshui (Aug. 25-30).
The season-ending World Tour Finals in Guangzhou, China has been pushed back by a week and will now finish on Dec. 20 while the Thomas and Uber Cup Finals in Aarhus was postponed to Oct. 3-11 last month.
“It is a condensed calendar but we are confident this provides the framework to allow us to start again when it is safe and logistically possible,” BWF secretary general Thomas Lund said in a statement.

The Olympic-qualifying India Open badminton tournament, which was postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, will now be held here from December 8 to 13 after the BWF unveiled a revised calendar to salvage the disruption-hit season. The World Tour Super 500 tournament, originally scheduled to be held in New Delhi from March 24-29, will now take place from December 8 to 13, the Badminton World Federation (BWF) said in a release. The all-important event will be preceded by the Hyderabad Open (August 11 to 16) and the Syed Modi International (November 17 to 22).

As many as eight tournaments were rescheduled from their original dates, including important events such as New Zealand Open Super 300, Indonesia Open Super 1000, Malaysia Open Super 750, Thailand Open Super 500 and World Tour Finals in China.

“It has been a difficult task to plan for badminton’s return. It is a condensed calendar but we are confident this provides the framework to allow us to start again when it is safe and logistically possible,” BWF Secretary General Thomas Lund said.

Whatever BWF may say but clearly players are unhappy.