Champions League 2020: Ronaldo to miss UCL clash against Lionel Messi as he tests covid-19 positive again

Cristiano Ronaldo will miss Juventus’ Champions League game against Lionel Messi’s Barcelona next week after testing positive for covid-19 again. The Portuguese forward had been tested positive last week, just days after playing UEFA Nations League match against France and Spain.

According to the Spanish outlet Marca’s report,  Juventus will ask UEFA for permission to test the five-time Ballon d’Or winner 48 hours before the game on October 28. It will be up to UEFA to decide whether to go ahead with the request.

Ronaldo and Messi have not played against each other in the Champions League since 2011-12 season semi-final between Real Madrid and Barcelona.

Regardless of getting infected with the virus, the former Manchester United star has been active on social media. He has been sporting pictures of himself keeping fit at home as he battles to fight off the virus.

He has also got a new buzzcut which he shared with his fans on Instagram.

Meanwhile, there had been claims from Italy’s sports minisiter, Vincenzo Spadafora, that the Portuguese skipper may have broken Italy’s covid protocol by flying back from Portugal.

However, the 35-year-old quickly thrashed the claim after taking to Instagram Live, claiming he complied with all the guidelines.

He said: “I’m always at home, now I’m sunbathing, also to let the days pass. I’m respecting the protocol, I did not break it, as has been said: It’s a lie.” “I returned from Portugal because my team and I made sure to comply with all the procedures. I returned to Italy by air ambulance and I have had no contact with anyone, even in Turin.”