Coronavirus Impact: Road Safety World Series cancelled

Road Safety World Series,COVID-19,Sachin Tendulkar,Coronavirus,Sports Business News India

The Road Safety World Series, featuring cricket greats such as Sachin Tendulkar and Brian Lara, have been cancelled for the time being in view of the rising coronavirus threat in Maharashtra.

A highly-placed source said that the series have been called off for the safety of the players and the public.

Also Read: Coronavirus Impact: India-SA ODIs to be played behind closed doors

“In the interest of public safety, the organisers have agreed to reschedule the remaining matches. These matches will be played when the situation will be conducive to hold them,” the source said.

The organisers had earlier cancelled the matches which were to be played at the MCA Stadium in Pune and relocated them to the DY Patil Stadium in Navi Mumbai.

It was also earlier decided that the matches would he held in empty stadiums, but now they have been cancelled for the time being.

Maharashtra reported 10 cases of coronavirus on Wednesday.

It is learnt that the decision to call off the Legends tournament was taken in consultation with the players. The tournament may now be completed in October-November after finding a suitable window.

Also Read: Coronavirus Impact: PSL matches to be played behind closed doors