Cricket South Africa (CSA) has announced fresh dates for the Solidarity Cup. Now the innovative tournament will start on 18 July 2020, Nelson Mandela International Day. The 3TCricket match presented by RAIN will witness three teams of eight play in a single match, competing for the inaugural Solidarity Cup.
The three teams competing for the Solidarity Cup are the Eagles captained by AB de Villiers and sponsored by Takealot, Kingfishers captained by Kagiso Rabada and sponsored by OUTsurance and the Kites captained by Quinton de Kock and sponsored by Mr D Food.
Here are some of the rule of 3TC or Three-team cricket:
1) A 3TC game is played between three teams consisting of eight players each. There are 36 overs in the game divided into two halves of 18 each. A team gets to bat and bowl to one opponent for six overs in each half.
2) One team gets total 12 overs in the innings, divided between two six-over periods in each half.
3) A draw will be conducted to decide which team will bat, bowl or be in the dugout in the first half. In the second half, the highest-scoring team from the first half will bat first. In case of a tie, the order of the first half will be reversed.
4) Each bowling team will bowl with a new ball for their 12 overs against both opponents. A bowler can bowl a maximum of three overs in the game.
5) After the 7th wicket, the last man will be allowed to bat till the overs are completed or till the time he is dismissed. However, the last-standing batsman can score only in boundaries or in even number of runs. If a team loses all eight wickets in the first half, the remaining overs will be forfeited and the last batsman will be asked to resume the batting in the second half.
6) The team with the most runs will win the game. The winner will be awarded the gold medal, the side finishing second will get silver medal and the team at the third spot will be awarded the bronze medal. If there is a tie for gold, Super Overs will decide the fate of the game. In case of a tie for 2nd place, silver will be shared. The winner will have to defeat two teams to win the game.
Here are the squads for Cricket South Africa’s Solidarity Cup game:
AB’s Eagles: AB de Villiers (c), Aiden Markram, Andile, Phehlukwayo, Lungi Ngidi, Rassie van der Dussen, Junior Dala, Kyle Verreynne, Sisanda Magala
KG’s Kingfishers: Kagiso Rabada (c), Chris Morris, Faf du Plessis, Tabraiz Shamsi, Reeza Hendricks, Heinrich Klaasen, Janneman Malan, Glenton Stuurman
Quinny’s Kites: Quinton de Kock (c), David Miller, Dwayne Pretorius, Temba Bavuma, Beuran Hendricks, JJ Smuts, Lutho Sipamla, Anrich Nortje
When will be the Solidarity Cup 3TC match played?
The Solidarity Cup will be played on July 18th at 2:30 PM IST.
When and where to watch Solidarity Cup 3TC match?
Star Sports will telecast the Solidarity Cup LIVE & matches will be streamed live on Hotstar