The 15th edition of the prestigious Airtel Delhi Half Marathon broke records in philanthropy too! – Two individuals crossed the Rs 1 crore mark in fund raising for their chosen Civil Society Organisation – CSO/NGO. Fundraisers #GoBeyond the spirit of running to raise a remarkable ₹12.66 crore for various causes by the CSOs.
The event in 2019 has broadened its base of causes, representing the increasing maturity of donors, fundraisers, and thereby the overall fundraising and impact of philanthropy. There are increasing efforts among non-profits to present their causes and impact of their work on the less fortunate, states a Press release.
Since its inception, ADHM has raised a total of ₹ 76.82 crores towards charity. ‘Giving’, through the platform of ADHM, has been embraced by the youth, with over 50 young adults joining hands with a cause to volunteer, coordinate, market, fundraise and run.
India Cares Foundation, the Philanthropy Partner of the Airtel Delhi Half Marathon, has concentrated on giving more support and guidance in communications and appeals, reaching out to more people and that has shown results with 71% of funds coming from and through an individual asking another individual.
To make an impact on society, 62 companies fielded 96 corporate cares teams and 227 individuals reached out and received contributions from 5,047 family members, friends and colleagues in support of 91 CSOs. CSOs reaching out to their networks and individuals on their own has generated 31% of the total funds.
Lotus Petal Foundation, the top fundraising CSO (NGO) raised₹3.82 crore, up from ₹53,000 in 2015. This proves that ADHM can be a platform to help growth and expansion plans of a non-profit when taken seriously. Many CSOs recognize this and start to plan for the next edition immediately.
Shri Anil Baijal, Honourable Lt. Governor of Delhi, said: “Besides organising the Airtel Delhi Half Marathon as a sporting event, a platform has been created to raise funds for many good causes one after the other. Therefore, I’m deeply impressed and very happy to be associated with this event. Congratulations to all the donors who have liberally come forward and donated funds for a good cause.”
Murray Culshaw, Chairperson and Founder, India Cares Foundation, states: “We are grateful to every donor, fundraiser, company, for believing and standing by the social sector, in helping to solve the ills our society faces. And thanks to Airtel, Procam International and all event partners for creating this platform.”
Vivek Singh, Jt. MD, Procam International, said: “I have immense gratitude and admiration for the people who have extended their support for a social cause with their generosity. Am delighted to see the Airtel Delhi Half Marathon become one of the major platforms for philanthropy across the world. We hope to continue making a positive impact on millions of lives, through this unique platform.”
WINNERS ACROSS DIFFERENT CATEGORIES:
Care Champions Platinum (Individuals taking on a target of ₹10 lakh for their cause)
- Care Champion Platinum top fundraiser: Dr Nandita Chakraborty Rs 1,22,40,512 Cr – Lotus Petal Foundation
Care Champions Diamond (taking on a target of ₹5 lakh for their cause)
- Highest Fundraiser of this edition and Care Champion Diamond: Yash Pal Syngal Rs 8,19,000 lakh – CanSupport
Care Champions Gold (taking on a target of Rs 2.50 lakh for their cause.)
- Care Champion Gold top fundraiser: Arun Kumar Begani ₹4,47,558 lakh – Child Heart Foundation
Care Champions Silver (taking on a target of ₹ 1 lakh for their cause.)
- Care Champion Silver top fundraiser Dr. Geetanjali Chopra – Wishes And Blessing – Rs 5,49,162
Highest Millennial Champion – Aditi Someshwar ₹2,29,301 – Habitat For Humanity
Youth Cares (Teams of 3 students aiming to raise ₹1,00,000 for their chosen CSO.)
- Highest Fundraising Team: Sanam Khan, Nibha Kumari & Mamun Islam ₹16,49,688 lakh – Lotus Petal Foundation
Corporate Cares (Companies that contribute to chosen CSOs)
- Macquarie Group Contributed to The Naz Foundation (India) Trust ₹38,50,000
- Hero MotoCorp Ltd contributed to CRY- Child Rights and You ₹36,00,000
iCare Fundraisers (Individuals who raise funds in support of a cause)
- Highest Individual iCare Fundraiser: Deepak Sharma ₹87,43,452 lakh for Udayan Care
- 2nd Highest Individual iCare Fundraiser: Monisha Gogoi ₹ 5,33,200 lakh for National Thalassemia Welfare Society – NTWS
- Highest fundraising organisation: ₹3,81,83,084 Cr – Lotus Petal Foundation
- 2nd Highest: ₹1,54,24,345 Cr – Bharti Foundation
- 3rd Highest: ₹ 1,15,21,462 Cr – Sri Sathya Sai Health & Education Trust