As was the case with the last two week ratings, historic series between England vs West Indies failed to deliver big on the BARC Charts in the Week 29th as well. Contrary to the television ratings in India, host broadcaster Sky Sports UK and BBC delivered phenomenal numbers on the England’s 2-1 series victory against the West Indies.
According to the data released by Sky Sports UK, average LIVE Sky TV audience across the 5 days of 2nd Test match was 534,000 – 7% higher than average of 2019 Ashes series.
BARC Week 29th Sports Genre : WWE steels the thunder of England vs West Indies series 2nd Test Match
According to the Week 29th (18th July 2020 to 24th July 2020) Data Released by BARC India, 3 out of the top 5 shows this week belonged to the genre of WWE.
WWE Marquee matches was the top show of the Week 29th in the sports genre. England vs West Indies series once again failed to make it to the top 5 shows of the week.
Star Sports 1 Hindi on the back of its reruns of the ICC classic games involving India once again was the top channel of the week.
Week 29: Saturday, 18th July 2020 to Friday, 24th July 2020
|Rank||Channel Name||Programme||Impressions (000s)|
|1||Sony Ten 1||WWE-BB-MARQUEE MATCHES||397|
|2||STAR Sports 1 Hindi||ICC WC-11 M-48 SF IND/PAK||388|
|3||Sony Ten 1||WWE-THE HORROR SHOW AT EXTREME RULES||367|
|4||STAR Sports 1 Hindi||ICC WC-15 M-13 IND/SA||352|
|5||Sony Ten 1||L/T WWE-RAW TALK||326|
|All India (U+R) : NCCS All : 2+ Individuals, To get this data on your Twitter timeline, tweet with #BarcTweet Top 5 Sports Programs|
England-W.I series delivers huge on Sky, BBC
As expected, the series delivered big for the England & Wales Cricket Board broadcast partner Sky Sports and BBC.
As per the data released by the network, the second match of the 3 game test series delivered phenomenally well and even more than much hyped ASHES in 2019
– Sky Sports UK, average LIVE Sky TV audience across the 5 days of 2nd Test match was 534,000 – 7% higher than average of 2019 Ashes series.
– 672,000 more unique LIVE Sky viewers than the 2017 West Indies series. And mind it, this number is only till the 2nd Test match. The numbers of the third and final match of the series won by the home team is still to be added to the mix.
– Cricket fans are watching longer than the previous average. According to the data released, on an average people are watching around 2 hours each per day.
– 6.86million fans have watched 3mins + highlights on BBC. In comparison ASHES highlights was watched by 1.8 millions after the first two tests.
– 34% of viewers in UK are female which equates to an increase of nearly 1million women and girls watching BBC Highlights.