French Open 2021 Semifinals- Djokovic beat Nadal: World No.1 Novak Djokovic has defeated Defending champion Rafael Nadal in four sets in 4 sets to enter the finals of the French Open 2021.
French Open 2021 Semifinals- Djokovic beat Nadal: Serbian top seed Djokovic won 3-6 6-3 7-6 (7-4) 6-2 against Nadal, champion in each of the past four years. Nadal, going for a record-extending 14th title, lost at Roland Garros for only the third time in 108 matches.
Djokovic, 34, must now recover to play Stefanos Tsitsipas in Sunday’s final.
The epic battle lasted for 4 hours and 11 minutes with Djokovic bringing an end to Nadal’s reign at Roland Garros.
“The first thing I want to say is it was my privilege also to be on the court with Rafa for this incredible match. It is surely the greatest match I have played here in Paris. It’s also the match with the best atmosphere and ambience and energy,” Djokovic won post-match.
Djokovic’s victory extended his advantage in the head-to-head with Nadal, having claimed his 30th win in their men’s record 58th meeting.
French Open 2021: Novak Djokovic beats Rafael Nadal & faces Stefanos Tsitsipas in final
French Open 2021 Semifinals- Djokovic beat Nadal: Nadal won the opening set 6-3 but Djokovic rebounded in the second with the same margin. The third set entered the tie-breaker but Djokovic held his ground to win straight sets. Rafa apparently lost his fuel in the final set as the Serbian clinched the final set 6-2.
Novak Djokovic also ended Rafael Nadal’s hopes of a 14th #FrenchOpen final – and title – as well as a record-breaking 21st Grand Slam. The Serbian could become the first man on the planet to win two grand slam titles in every four majors including French Open. The finals of the French Open 2021 will be covered LIVE on insidesport.co
French Open 2021 Finals: Novak Djokovic to face Tsitsipas
Djokovic, a 34-year-old from Serbia, will face Tsitsipas, a 22-year-old from Greece, who edged Alexander Zverev 6-3, 6-3, 4-6, 4-6, 6-3.
Tsitsipas already had given away all of a two-set lead in his semifinal earlier Friday when he double-faulted to trail love-40 in the opening game of the fifth.
But Tsitsipas steeled himself to win five consecutive points, including one with a cross-court forehand passing shot he celebrated by shaking his racket as the crowd chanted his last name.
That hold pushed the No. 5-seeded Tsitsipas back in the right direction.
“I’m someone who fights. I was not willing to give up yet. I think I did few things right that worked in my favor,” said Tsitsipas, who entered the day 0-3 in major semifinals.
French Open Semifinals 2021: Djokovic defeats Nadal to meet Tsitsipas in French Open finals
Novak Djokovic vs Rafael Nadal LIVE UPDATES – French Open Semi-finals LIVE:
- 4th set
- Rafa’s reign is over, Djokovic to meet Stefanos Tsitsipas in the French Open finals
- What’s next? Nadal has never lost at Roland Garros, it’s 13-0
- 5-2 to Serbian, a game away from victory
- Djokovic 4-2 ahead, chasing history (nobody has defeated Nadal for 2nd time at Roland Garros)
- 3-2 to Djokovic
- It’s 2-2! The momentum keeps shifting from one way to the other. Tennis at its BEST!
- Djokovic fights back! 1-2 in favour of Spaniard
- And again, turning defence into attack, Nadal back at it again.
- 1-0 to Nadal, Rafa won’t bow down
Novak Djokovic vs Rafael Nadal
- 3rd set
- Djokovic wins it 7-6
- It’s 3-3 in the TIE-BREAKER
- Djokovic levels up, tie-breaker ON
- Its 3 in a row as Nadal leads 6-5
- Spaniard rallies to make it 5-5
- Nadal responds to make it 4-5
- Serbian cheers in the crowd say it all, 5-3 to Djokovic
- 4-3 to Djokovic- The Serb now leads the clash of Champions
- It’s 3-3 Greatness personified!
- 3-2 Djokovic stretches his lead over 13-time champion
- 2-2 Djokovic levels up against Nadal.
- 2-1 Nadal leads the 3rd game.
- 1-1 Djokovic back at it again to make it 1-1.
- 1-0 Nadal regains his control with a powerful serve.
Novak Djokovic vs Rafael Nadal
- 6-3 Djokovic takes the second set to level the match
- 5-3 Nadal back at it again, reduces his deficit
- 5-2 We are witnessing a turnaround in the second set as it’s Djokovic who now holds an upper hand over the Spaniard.
- 4-2 World No.1 extends his lead over the defending champion
- 3-2 Djokovic is back with the lead.
- 2-2 Nadal is back in the game, he makes it 2-2 to give an amazing reply in the second game.
- 2-1 Rafa Nadal gets back in the contest.
- 2-0 Djokovic breaks again. The Serbian is in no mood to give up against the ‘King of Clay’
- 1-0 Djokovic wins the opening game
Novak Djokovic vs Rafael Nadal
- 6-3 1st Set to Nadal:
- You can’t see more enthralling tennis than what is on witness right now. Nadal wins 1st set 6-3 just under 1 hour. Best part, Djokovic after making a nervy start is giving fight to Nadal on each and every point.
- 3-5 Djokovic wins 3rd game in a row but NADAL still leads 5-3. Nadal clips the tape, the ball loops up and into the tramlines and Djokovic holds.
- 2-5 Nadal still leads but Djokovic gets a break: Djokovic saved two set points to get a break back. A third double fault of the match from Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic breaks.
- 1-5 to Djokovic: Djokovic finally gets some rhytm and the top seed gets on the board. as Nadal missed return on his backhand. Can Djoko script a fightback in the 1st set?
- 5-0 to Nadal: It’s not going to plan at the moment for Djokovic. Serb doesn’t have answers to Rafa.
- 4-0 to Nadal: Rafa breaks again. After missing a chance to break in the opening game, Novak Djokovic hasn’t quite found his rhythm in this semi-final yet. He miscues with two baselines strokes.
- 3-0 to Nadal: 13 time champion on a roll. Just to remind you in last year finals as well Nadal won the set 6-0, are we seeing the repeat?
- 2-0 to Nadal: Superb athleticism by Nadal, breaks Djokovic. And Rafael Nadal gets the early breakthrough!Novak Djokovic looks to have control of the point at the net, but he tickles a volley up for the Spaniard to attack and Nadal makes no mistake.
- 1-0 to Nadal. 1st game has set the pace for the match. Rafa saved 3 game points to save his serve – 9 mins long 1st game.
- While Novak Djokovic narrowly leads their head-to-head, Rafael Nadal goes into the match on the back of two successive victories – in last year’s Roland Garros final and, most recently, the Italian Open.
- Nadal won his 10th title in Rome with a 7-5 1-6 6-3 victory over Djokovic on 16 May.
They have met in:
- 9 Grand Slam finals
- 5 Grand Slam semi-finals
- 20 other tour-level finals
- 13 other tour-level semi-finals
- 1 Olympic semi-final