India’s leading sports Divas have featured on the front page of the prestigious women’s glam magazine Femina. The girls who dominate the podium at grand international stage have come up picture perfect for this Femina cover shoot, establishing that they can also set the ramp ablaze with their feminine beauty.
Olympic medallists MC Mary Kom and Saina Nehwal have joined table tennis sensation Manika Batra and ace shooters Heena Sidhu and Shreyasi Singh on the July second edition of Femina as the “Indian golden girls”.
1) Saina Nehwal – India’s badminton class act has been around for some time now. She introduced herself to the world of Badminton in the year 2006, by winning the prestigious Asian Satellite Badminton Tournament. From there on there has been no looking back. From Commonwealth to Olympics Saina has tasted victory everywhere. She still continues to carry that flame of Indian Badminton and spark its light all over the world. Saina is dressed up in a monochrome pinstriped top and jeans.
2) Mary Kom – “Magnificent Mary’s” contribution to the World of boxing has been immense. She is the only player to have won a medal in all of the six World Championships. She is a five-time World Amateur Boxing Champion and also has a biopic made on her. It’s her role in the Indian Boxing field that has motivated several other female athletes to push themselves to the limit to achieve glory. Marykom looks cool in the black jump suit.
3) Manika Batra – This Indian Female Table Tennis team created history, by becoming the first female team from India to win a medal at the Commonwealth games in the team event. And Manika was of great importance as she won her every match. Only 23 years of Age, Manika really sprung into action at the Commonwealth Games 2018. This could be the push that Indian Table Tennis needed and she will always be at the centre of it. Manika did dress up in the high waist blue denims and a blue shirt with a silver strip design.
4) Heena Sindhu – The First Indian Pistol shooter to reach at the top of the World Ranking by the International Shooting Sports Federation, she was also the World Record holder for the 10-meter air pistol when she scored 203.8. Sindhu was in action again at the Commonwealth games 2018, winning Gold in the 25-meter pistol event. She has been associated with the sport for almost 12 years now and has been the centre piece of the Indian Shooting team. Heena chose an ivory short skit and a chic denim jacket to dress up for the occasion.
5) Shreyasi Singh – The double trap shooter Shreyasi has a strong family legacy in the sport of shooting. Grandfather Kumar Surender Singh and father Digvijay Singh have been shooters and past presidents of the National Rifle Association of India. However, Shreyasi has her own distinct identity and the 2018 Commonwealth Games gold medallist and numerous achievements as a double trap shooter at the international stage. Shreyasi sports cool look in casual jeans, black top and a denim jacket on her shoulder.