Ind vs Aus 3rd Test: 5 Indian players accused of breaching bio-bubble, BCCI denies report

Ind vs Aus 3rd Test: 5 Indian players accused of breaching bio-bubble– The BCCI on Saturday rubbished reports that it was investigating a violation of COVID-19 protocols by some Indian cricketers who ate out at a restaurant here, terming them “a malicious spin by a section of Australian media”.

A senior Indian cricket board official told PTI that the visiting contingent is “well aware” of the COVID-19 protocols and had not violated any of them.

India tour of Australia 2020

India vs Australia Schedule

India vs Australia 2020 Full Squad

“No, there has been no breach in bio-security protocols. Everyone associated with the Indian team is well aware of the protocols,” the official said on conditions of anonymity.

ALSO READ| India’s 2021 Cricket Calendar

It all started after a fan, identified as Navaldeep Singh, tweeted pictures and videos of cricketers Rohit Sharma, Rishabh Pant, Navdeep Saini and Shubman Gill having a meal at a restaurant.

The fan, who claimed that he was seated close to the players at the restaurant, later apologised for creating confusion by claiming that he had been hugged by Pant after he paid for the players’ meal.

Also Read:Ind vs Aus 3rd Test: Team India sweat it out in… 

As per protocols, players are allowed to eat out provided they take necessary precautions.

“We can only term it as a malicious spin by a section of Australian media and this has started after their humiliating defeat,” he added.

Advertisement