IND vs ENG – Ravindra Jadeja Injured: Bad news for Team India, Ravindra Jadeja taken to hospital after suffering knee injury – After a crushing an innings and 76-run defeat to Joe Root’s England, Virat Kohli’s Team India suffered another blow. India’s spin-allrounder Ravindra Jadeja was taken to a hospital in Leeds after suffering a knee injury during fielding.
IND vs ENG: Bad news for Team India, Ravindra Jadeja taken to hospital for scans after suffering knee injury
IND vs ENG – Ravindra Jadeja Injured: As per reports, Ravindra Jadeja had been taken for scans after he hurt his knee while fielding in the matcj. Team India have already lost opener Shubman Gill, pacer Avesh Khan and Washington Sundar to injuries on the tour. All three have returned home.
IND vs ENG: On Saturday, after the match, Ravindra Jadeja shared the news with fans on his Instagram Story with the caption: “Not a good place to be at”.
Just in :
— CSK Fans Army™ (@CSKFansArmy) August 28, 2021
However, ANI reports that the injury isn’t serious and he was taken for scans as a precautionary measure. “Not anything major, he hurt his knee while fielding, so just got scans done to check on it. He is fine,” the source told ANI.
IND vs ENG – Ravindra Jadeja Injured: While he had suffered the injury during fielding on Day 3, Jadeja did come out to bat on Day 4 and scored some quickfire runs. His 30 off 25 balls however wasn’t enough as India lost the match.
While a lot of former cricketers have demanded Ravichandran Ashwin’s inclusion in the PLaying XI in place of Ravindra Jadeja, Virat Kohli has stuck to the left-arm spinner purely due to his batting skills. The left-hander has also repaid faith scoring a half-century in the series. But as the team management looks to rotate the squad for the 4th Test at Oval, the injury could force the team to go with Ashwin and bench Jadeja.
IND vs ENG: Why should Ashwin play ahead of Ravindra Jadeja?
- Ashwin was the highest wicket-taker in the 1st World Test Championship cycle.
- Against England at home, Ashwin bagged 32 wickets, destroying England’s famed batting.
- The likes of Jonny Bairstow struggled against Ashwin although on turning tracks.
- R Ashwin proved handy with the bat too, scoring a century in Chennai and has proved time and again that he is an able batsman much like Jadeja.
- Ravichandran Ashwin took a six-wicket haul in the second innings of his Surrey debut in the four-day county match against Somerset at the Oval in July.
- His performance in the World Test Championship final against New Zealand in Southampton (in June) where he scalped 4 wickets in his two outings and returned with an economy of 1.80.
- He managed to emerge as an economical bowler in Southampton where it was difficult to even grip the bowl.
IND vs ENG – Ravindra Jadeja Injured: However, at the post-match presentation, Virat Kohli revealed that his intention is still to go with four seamers and a spinner despite the defeat at Headnigley. However, he said that there will be squad rotation to keep the pace battery fresh.
“Rotation is bound to happen. It’s a very logical and sensible thing to do. You especially don’t want to push individuals to a place where they break. So, that conversation is very important and we will have that with individuals and see who is placed where physically and who needs to have a game off. You can’t expect with such turnaround time to play four Test matches in a row. So, we will assess who are the guys who need a number of days to recover and then we will be okay with the fifth one,” Virat Kohli said at the post-match press conference on Saturday.
“Playing another spinner (Ravichandran Ashwin) would depend on the pitch and we’ll take a call later. It depends on the moisture and how it will hold up for five days. The pressure from the fourth seamer is important sometimes and sometimes we have to make sure taking only three seamers means that the spinners have to come in quickly,” Virat Kohli said at the post-match presentation.