IND vs ENG LIVE 2nd Test – Rohit Sharma Misses 100 at Lord’s: India’s opener Rohit Sharma broke past his nervy 30’s streak and finally smashed a fifty on the foreign soil after eight innings – but missed on lifetime chane to score a 100 at Lord’s. The Indian opener was dismissed for 83 by James Anderson after he had stitched a 126 runs partnership with KL Rahul for the opening wicket.
IND vs ENG LIVE 2nd Test: Brilliant Rohit Sharma misses lifetime chance of scoring 100 at Lord’s, dismissed for 83
IND vs ENG LIVE 2nd Test – Rohit Sharma Misses 100 at Lord’s: With his Test career’s 16th fifty, Sharma clinched his maiden half-century in England during the ongoing second Test against the Three Lions at Lord’s.
𝕮𝖔𝖓𝖈𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖗𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓 & 𝖈𝖑𝖆𝖘𝖘 😍
Rohit Sharma started slow but picked up pace gradually to reach an important half-century 👏
— SonyLIV (@SonyLIV) August 12, 2021
A fine half-century by @ImRo45 at Lord’s. This is his 13th in Test cricket.
— BCCI (@BCCI) August 12, 2021
INDIAN CENTURIONS AT LORD’S – 9 Indians have scored 100 at Lord’s
- Vinoo Mankad – He scored a brilliant 184 against England in 1952.
- Dilip Vengasarkar – He is the only Indian player to hit three test centuries at Lord’s. Vengasarkar’s first century came in 1979 when he scored 103 off 295 balls. In 1982, he hit 157 from 264 balls, and in 1986, Dilip Vengasarkar slammed his third century at Lord’s – 126 not out.
- Gundappa Vishwanath – The former India batter scored a classy 113 at Lord’s during India’s tour of England in 1979.
- Ravi Shastri – The current head coach of the Indian Cricket Team and former all-rounder scored 100 runs during the 1990 tour of England.
- Mohammed Azharuddin – The former Indian captain played a knock of 121 runs at Lord’s, which also came in the 1990 tour.
- Sourav Ganguly – The former Indian captain and current BCCI president slammed 131 runs at Lord’s in his debut tour to England.
- Ajit Agarkar – The former Indian bowling all-rounder showed his ability with the bat when he scored a century at Lord’s in 2002. Agarkar played an unbeaten knock of 109 runs.
- Rahul Dravid – One of India’s finest Test cricketers scored an unbeaten 103 at Lord’s during the 2011 tour of England.
- Ajinkya Rahane – He is the latest Indian batter to score a Test hundred at the historic ground of Lord’s. He hit 103 runs off 154 balls.
IND vs ENG 2nd Test: Rohit Sharma’s last 10 innings on foreign soil
IND vs ENG LIVE 2nd Test – Rohit Sharma Misses 100 at Lord’s: Rohit missed the 100 but he must be a relieved man as finally after 8 innings on foreign soil he could manage a 50+ score.
In his last 10 innings overseas, he has been prey to the nervy 30’s most of the time and has seen a string of failures.
36, 12*, 34, 30, 44, 7, 26, 52, 63*, 5
The right-handed Indian batsman had managed an average of 38.62 in his last 10 outings overseas. Sharma last smashed a half-century against Australia in Sydney in January 2021.
Sharma has been seen in fine touch right from the start of the innings. Earlier during the play, he smashed four fours in an over to Sam Curran’s bowling.
Soon after the hitman hit the half-century, he hit a massive six to Mark Wood’s short ball. The hook shot went past for a six over fine leg.
They call him HITMAN for this very reason 🔥
Rohit smashes the first SIX of the match right after his 50!🙌🏽
— Sony Sports (@SonySportsIndia) August 12, 2021
As the Indian opener- Rohit Sharma scored 50 in 1st innings in Lord’s Test, he became the third Indian to do so after Vinoo Mankad (1952) Nari Contractor (1959).
For all updates on cricket and other sports, follow insidesport.co