IND vs ENG LIVE: KL Rahul on cusp of Lord’s history, will he become highest scorer at the Mecca of Cricket – Follow live updates – KL Rahul was the star of the show on Day 1 of the India v England second Test match at Lord’s on Thursday. The opener impressed with a scintillating century to earn himself a place on the honours board at the Mecca of Cricket, becoming the 10th Indian cricketer to do so. The 29-year-old remained unbeaten on 127 and is on the cusp of becoming the highest scorer on the ground for India.
✍️ Writing his name into history for @BCCI.
— Lord’s Cricket Ground (@HomeOfCricket) August 12, 2021
KL Rahul’s 127 has already passed the efforts of Ajit Agarkar, Ravi Shashtri, Gundappa Vishwanath, Rahul Dravid and Mohammad Azharuddin’s efforts at Lord’s. As things stand, the Team India opener is just behind former captained current BCCI president Sourav Ganguly’s epic 131, Dilip Vengsarkar’s 157 and Vinoo Mankad’s brilliant 184. Rahul is only the third opener after Ravi Shastri and Vinoo Mankad to score a century at a Lord’s and will be aiming to add to his tally on Day 2 of 2nd India vs England Test.
IND vs ENG LIVE: KL Rahul on cusp of Lord’s history, will he become highest scorer at the Mecca of Cricket – Follow live updates
@12:05 PM IST: KL Rahul will begin the day on 127 not out, just five runs away from eclipsing Ganguly’s 131 and becoming the third-highest individual score for India at Lord’s.
— BCCI (@BCCI) August 13, 2021
IND vs ENG LIVE: Indian batsmen with centuries at Lord’s
1) Vinoo Mankad – Former India all-rounder Vinoo Mankad was the first Indian to score a century at Lord’s. He scored a brilliant 184 against England in 1952. This is the highest score by an Indian at Lord’s, to date.
2) Dilip Vengasarkar – He is the only Indian player to hit three test centuries at Lord’s. Vengasarkar’s first century came in 1979 when he scored 103 off 295 balls. In 1982, he hit 157 from 264 balls, and in 1986, Dilip Vengasarkar slammed his third century at Lord’s – 126 not out.
3) Gundappa Vishwanath – The former India batter scored a classy 113 at Lord’s during India’s tour of England in 1979.
4) Ravi Shastri – The current head coach of the Indian Cricket Team and former all-rounder scored 100 runs during the 1990 tour of England.
5) Mohammed Azharuddin – The former Indian captain played a knock of 121 runs at Lord’s, which also came in the 1990 tour.
6) Sourav Ganguly – The former Indian captain and current BCCI president slammed 131 runs at Lord’s in his debut tour to England.
7) Ajit Agarkar – The former Indian bowling all-rounder showed his ability with the bat when he scored a century at the venue in 2002. Agarkar played an unbeaten knock of 109 runs.
8) Rahul Dravid – One of India’s finest Test cricketers scored an unbeaten 103 at Lord’s during the 2011 tour of England.
9) Ajinkya Rahane – He is the latest Indian batter to score a Test hundred at the historic ground of Lord’s. He hit 103 runs off 154 balls.