India at Tokyo Olympics: Indian hockey team takes on Japan, archer Atanu Das to face Japanese Takaharu Furukawa, Boxer Satish Kumar locks horns with Uzbekistan’s Bakhodir Jalolov: It was an amazing Day 7 of the Tokyo Olympics for the Indian contingent. Blazing Atanu Das caused a massive upset defeating 4-time Olympic medalist Jinhyek OH to enter the round of 16. After the Indian Men’s Hockey team booked their place in the quarterfinals beating Argentina 3-1, the Indian badminton princess PV Sindhu made it to the quarterfinals of the games without much fuss. Manu Bhaker is 5th after Relay 3 & Rahi Sarnobat is at the 18th position in 25M Pistol Qualifications after the 3rd Relay. The Rapid round in the category will be played on Friday.
Way to go #TeamIndia
Congratulations for reaching #hockey quarterfinals @Tokyo2020. Varun Kumar, @13harmanpreet, Vivek Sagar Prasad scored for #India.#Punjab is proud its athletes as #IND bt #ARG 3-1#TokyoOlympics #hockeyindia #OlympicGames #Olympicspic.twitter.com/0LBzifmhSM
— Rana Gurmit S Sodhi (@iranasodhi) July 29, 2021
India at Tokyo Olympics: India vs Japan Hockey on 30th August:
The Indian hockey team will play its final match against Japan on the 30th of July. The qualification has been guaranteed, hence, the result of this match will not affect India’s spot in Pool A.
- Currently, Japan sits at the last spot in Pool A with no hopes of qualifications. They have 1 point from 4 matches.
- India won back-to-back games against Spain and Argentina after a tough 7-1 loss against Australia.
- India has qualified so this result will not affect India’s spot on the table.
- The top 4 teams in each pool qualify for the Quarter-finals. India has lost only 1/4 matches- against Australia
India at Tokyo Olympics: Atanu Das will face Japanese archer Takaharu Furukawa in the quarter-finals on 31 July at 7:18 AM
Atanu Das won against the 4-time Olympics Champion Jinhyek OH to move to the quarter-finals.
- Jinhek OH won the first set 26-25 to lead 2-0
- Atanu Das tied the 2nd set- 27-27 to make the score 3-1
- The 3rd set was tied as well at 27-27, score 4-2
- Atanu Das came back brilliantly to win the 4th set 27-22, making the score 4-4
- The 5th set was tied at 28-28, making the score 5-5 for a shoot-off
- Jinhyek OH shot a 9 while Atanu Das shot a 10 in the shoot-off to win the match
India at Tokyo Olympics: Satish Kumar will face Uzbekistan’s Bakhodir Jalolov in quarter-finals on 1st Aug at 9:36 AM:
- Satish Kumar defeated Jamaica’s Ricardo Brown 4-1 in the Round of 16 to qualify for the quarterfinals.
- Uzbekistan’s Bakhodir Jalolov will not be an easy fight, he reached the quarterfinals after beating Azerbaijan’s Mahammad Abdullayev 5-0.
- Satish Kumar became the 1st Indian male boxer to win a round at Tokyo Olympics.