India at Tokyo Olympics: With just 2 days to go for the start of the Tokyo Olympics, the president of IOA Narinder Batra arrived in Tokyo on the 20th of July and will miss the opening ceremony due to a mandatory 3-days quarantine period.
It was decided in the meeting that those undergoing quarantine periods will be not allowed to be in person for the much-anticipated opening ceremony of the Tokyo Games.
India has sent a 228-strong contingent to the Tokyo Olympics, including 127 athletes.
Out of the 127 athletes, 67 are male and 52 female participants, Batra said during Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s interaction with Olympic-bound athletes.
India at Tokyo Olympics – Desi Food at Olympics Village:
Good ‘Desi-Food’ is the least of a problem for Indian athletes at the Tokyo Olympics village. The Olympic organizers have created India corner at Games Village & the menu includes Chole Bhature, Tomato Paneer, Butter Naan, Bhindi for the Indian athletes.
Indian Shooting team Pistol coach Ronak Pandit said, “Everything is being well taken care of. The food and other facilities are good, very pleased with the Indian food corner here in the mess”
and a bronze in Clean and Jerk at 49 kg Category in the 2019 Asian Weightlifting Championships. (4/4)@mirabai_chanu #Tokyo2020 #Olympics #Northeast #tnec #India #sports #news pic.twitter.com/iRwXKS7IeU
— The North-Eastern Chronicle (@tnec_IN) July 17, 2021
According to a report by TOI, the food menu at the village for Indian athletes includes North & South Indian food.
– On the menu are chole bhature, paratha, basmati, and jasmine rice, biryani
– butter and plain naan (stuffed bread),
butter chicken, tofu (soy paneer),
tomato and shahi paneer,
bhindi, lentil curry,
steamed spinach and steamed sweet potatoes.
“There are so many varieties of food to relish. The athletes look happy,” declared – India’s deputy chef-de-mission, Dr. Prem Verma to TOI.
India at Tokyo Olympics – Sindhu & Marykom at Olympics, where will be they staying, who will be their neighbors?
- The Indian contingent has been provided with 182 rooms in the Olympics Games Village.
- Overall there are 28 towers in the Olympics Village and India will be staying in Tower 15.
- In Tower 15, 11th, 12th and 13th floors will be exclusive with the Indian team and all Indian athletes, officials at the Olympics will stay there.
- India will have South Africa. Denmark, Belgium & Norway as their neighbors.
India at Tokyo Olympics: Rooms of the athletes
- Each of 182 rooms given to the Indian squad will have two single beds
- All the beds are made out of cardboard
- Each bed is said to be able to withstand 200 kilograms of weight
- Bedsheets / Towels / Cutlery – all have the branding of Tokyo Olympics imposed on it
- Once both Games are over, the beds will be recycled into paper products and the mattresses will be made into plastic products.
Tokyo Olympics Opening Ceremony Indian Time and Live Schedule
When will Tokyo Olympics opening ceremony take place?
The opening ceremony of the Tokyo Olympics will take place on Friday (July 23).
What is the Tokyo Olympics opening ceremony Indian Time?
The opening ceremony of the Tokyo Olympics will start at 8 pm local time or 4:30 pm IST.
Where can we watch the opening ceremony of the Tokyo Olympics live in India?
Tokyo Olympics Opening Ceremony and Matches will be Live Streamed on SonyLIV in India & Follow them LIVE on InsideSport.co.