India Playing XI IND vs SL 2nd T20 – Will Hardik Pandya be benched? – The Sri Lanka series was supposed to be a platform for Hardik Pandya to return to bowling and boost India’s bowling department ahead of the T20 World Cup. However, it has turned out to be a disappointing outing from the all-rounder. India vs Sri Lanka 2nd T20 is scheduled for Tuesday and all indications suggest that HARDIK PANDYA can be benched for the game – Follow IND vs SL 2nd T20 LIVE Updates on InsideSport.co & Live Streaming on SonyLIV.
India Playing XI vs SL 2nd T20: Will Hardik Pandya be benched for 2nd T20 after string of poor performances in Sri Lanka
India Playing XI IND vs SL 2nd T20 – What’s wrong with Hardik Pandya? Pandya has featured in all 4 matches of the series so far – but both form and fitness has deserted him on the field.
Not only he has been completely unimpressive, uncomfortable while bowling but his batting also has deserted him during the entire series.
Pandya is important part of the Indian team’s white ball scheme of things. But Captain Shikhar Dhawan & Coach Rahul Dravid may rest him for the 2nd T20.
What’s wrong with Hadik Pandya?
- In the three-match ODI series, Hardik Pandya bowled only 14 overs out of a possible 30 and bagged just two wickets with a poor economy rate of 6.92 and an average of 48.50.
- In batting, in three innings, he has scored only 29 including a duck.
- In the 1st T20, when the team needed to score runs at a quick scoring rate, he was slow and managed a strike rate of 83.33 during his stay of 12-ball 10.
- In bowling, he missed the line and was not convincing with the length, helping batters to hit him rather easily.
- He had a bad day in fielding too. In the 1st T20, he missed a catch that should have been taken.
India Playing XI vs SL 2nd T20: Prithvi Shaw & Suryakumar Yadav’s availability for the game also doubtful?
Team management not only will have to take decision about Hardik Pandya but also about Prithvi Shaw and Suryakumar Yadav. BCCI is arranging logistics to send the duo to England ASAP.
As the India’s team management in the UK is also looking to get Shaw and Suryakumar in early, there are speculations that the duo may leave as soon as BCCI can get their logistics in place. The same can happen Tuesday or Wednesday which means their availability for the game is not certain.
According to the information available, team management in Sri Lanka also feels that it will be better to play replacements in place of Shaw & SuryaKumar as they may be more focussed now on the England tour.
Probable XI: Shikhar Dhawan (c), Prithvi Shaw/Devdutt Padikkal, Sanju Samson, Suryakumar Yadav/Manish Pandey, Ishan Kishan (wk), Hardik Pandya, Krunal Pandya, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Deepak Chahar, Yuzvendra Chahal, Varun Chakravarthy