The following for Indian Premier League (IPL 2020) was such in the 1st week that ONE out of every 3 TV viewers in India watched the league during September 19-25, as per BARC India viewership data.
Check the TOP 10 high points of first week of IPL 2020 viewership in first week
BARC India summary:
1) In opening week, 21% growth in average impressions per match vs. 2019, despite one less match and fewer channels than 2019
2) 269 Million viewers watched IPL in its opening week. 11mn more viewers per match compared to 2019
3) 1 out of 3 TV viewer watched IPL-13 Live
4) 44% of TV Households watched IPL-13 Live
5) Peak viewership for HD channels
7) Advertising volumes see 15% growth within Star Sports set of channels/ Live matches (excluding Star Sport 1 Bangla, Star Sports 2 (HD+SD)
8) Both advertiser and brand counts increase as compared to the earlier season
9) OTT has witnessed a 32% increase in user base for the IPL week over the previous week, primarily driven by massive gains seen in Disney+Hotstar.