The franchises, broadcasters and other stakeholders are all waiting for SOP’S for IPL 2020 from the BCCI’s side. InsideSport has learnt that the same will be handled to them post the IPL GC Meeting on this Sunday.
According to few reports – players and franchises will have to follow strict guidelines as they enter IPL 2020 BIO-BUBBLE. The players will have to undergo multiple Covid19 tests even before they reach UAE.
– Franchises will organize their own flights.
– But even before players and franchise members are allowed to board these flights, everyone will undergo minimum 2 Covid19 tests. Once the results are negative then only they will be allowed to board.
– Even after reaching UAE, everyone will undergo 2 more Covid19 test before they are allowed to move out of the Quarantine facility
– Minimum numbers of players in the Dressing Room
– Drivers, Chefs, Ground Staff, IPL management, Franchise personal, Broadcast crew, BCCI members – all will be part of the IPL 2020 Bio-Bubble. No one will be allowed to breach the bubble created by IPL 2020.
– Venturing out in open will be strict no-no for the players
IPL 2020 : BCCI take tips from ECB for IPL 2020 SOP’s
The Indian Premier League (IPL 2020) in UAE will have shades of what the fans witnessed during the England vs West Indies series.
To create Covid19 proof BIO-BUBBLE for IPL 2020, the Board of Cricket Control of India (BCCI) is taking tips from the England & Wales Cricket Board (ECB). InsideSport has learnt, BCCI through its interim CEO Hemang Amin reached out to ECB’s officials to learn more about the BIO-BUBBLE created by ECB. BCCI will be incorporating those learnings in the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) currently being created for IPL 2020 in UAE.
“ECB has done tremendous job by successfully organizing the West Indies tour of England. We want to pick their learnings for IPL 2020”, informed a BCCI source.
The ECB showed the global cricket fraternity on how to play and organize international cricket in the middle of Covid19 threat. The three test series between England & West Indies has been successfully completed and on Thursday 3 ODI match series starts followed by series against Pakistan.
BCCI will now create its own bio-bubble for IPL 2020 after tips from ECB.
IPL Governing Council Meeting on Sunday to decide the schedule
Meanwhile the long awaited IPL GC meeting will now take place on Sunday via a teleconference. The IPL GC will decide the schedule for the event.
It is reliably learnt, that their will be only few exceptions to the earlier released schedule for IPL 2020 in the month of February. This means the first game between Chennai Super Kings and Mumbai Indians will still be the first match of IPL 2020 in UAE.
Post the IPL GC meeting, teleconference with the franchises and broadcaster Star India is also getting scheduled. Keep following InsideSport.co for all the updates on IPL 2020