The 13th edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL 2020) has realized its first Covid-19 positive test. IPL team of Rajasthan Royals has reported that one of the support staff member has tested positive.
Rajasthan Royals’ fielding coach Dishant Yagnik has tested positive for COVID-19, the IPL franchise announced on Wednesday, days before leaving for the UAE to take part in the lucrative league.
The 13th edition of Indian Premier League is set to take place in the UAE from September 19 to November 10.
“Rajasthan Royals would like to inform that their fielding coach Dishant Yagnik has tested positive for COVID-19,” the franchise said in a statement.
“The test was undertaken keeping in mind that the team members need to assemble in Mumbai next week for their flight to the UAE.
“The franchise implemented an extra test for all players, support staff and management travelling to the UAE in addition to the two tests recommended by BCCI, to ensure as robust a process as possible.”
Yagnik is currently in his hometown Udaipur and has been advised to get admitted to a hospital for the mandatory 14-day quarantine. Good part is that no Rajasthan Royals player was exposed to Yagnik.
IPL 2020 : Players asked to enter daily temperatures on APP
Meanwhile it is reliably learnt that all teams have instructed their players to self quarantine themselves and monitor their body temperatures on a daily basis. As per the instruction of the BCCI, players have been asked to enter their body temperatures on the CENTRALISED app provided by the BCCI.
“The entire team, support staff who will be entering IPL 2020 BIO-BUBBLE has been asked to monitor their temperatures and enter the same in the centralize app provided by the IPL management”, informed one of the IPL franchise.
Players will have to undergo multiple COVID-19 tests before they will be allowed to enter the BIO-BUBBLE set by the IPL 2020 management.
IPL 2020 : TRAVEL PLAN to UAE for all IPL franchises
– Delhi Capitals, Sunrisers Hyderabad traveling on 23rd August to UAE from Mumbai
– Chennai Super Kings will leave from Chennai on 21st August
– Rohit Sharma led Mumbai Indians will also leave for UAE on 21st August from Mumbai
– Kolkata Knight Riders also will assemble in Mumbai and will leave either on 21st or 22nd
– Rajasthan Royals is also assembling in Mumbai and will leave for UAE on 22nd August
– Royal Challengers has asked their team to assemble in Bengaluru. The dates for their travel are not confirmed but it is assumed that they too will travel from Bengaluru to AbuDhabi on 23rd August
– KingsXI Punjab is likely to travel from Delhi via a Chartered flight but the franchise is yet to divulge any details around that.