In the Dream11 IPL 2020, Kings XI Punjab (KXIP) will lock horns with the Rajasthan Royals (RR) in Match 50 of Indian Premier League 2020. If KXIP wins today, it will be the end of the road for Rajasthan Royals in IPL 2020. Not only Royals but Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) will also be almost out of the playoff race with KXIP win.
Notably, KXIP are coming into this game on the back of the best run of form of all teams in the tournament. The Punjab franchise have now won five on the trot, and will look to make that six in a bid to bring themselves to within a victory of qualification, after a disastrous start to the tournament.
Interestingly, if KXIP beat RR then not only it will solidify their playoffs chances but it will be curtains for Rajasthan Royals and also Kolkata Knight Riders, who lost to Chennai Super Kings on Thursday.
1) KXIP beat RR means, Royals will exit the tournament. KXIP will join RCB, DC as third team with 14 points. Mumbai Indians already have 16 points. Royals can’t reach this number even with win in the next match. Maximum they can attain is 12 points – so they exit.
2) KXIP beat RR means – Kolkata Knight Riders will almost be out of the tournament. KKR currently has 12 points from 13 matches with a very inferior NRR of -0.467. Only if KKR wins the next match by a margin of more than 120 Runs – they can have some hope of qualification.
Meanwhile, the victory against RR will see KXIP becoming the biggest contender for the playoffs spot. Two wins (Royals & CSK) will definitely take them into the playoffs. Even if they lose to the Royals on Friday, Kings XI can still qualify if they win their last game and if other results go their way.
IPL 2020 Playoff RACE: With CSK already eliminated & Mumbai Indians already qualified, the playoffs race is now limited to 7 matches, 6 teams – who will fight for 3 playoff spots.
- Match 50 – Oct 30th Kings XI Punjab vs Rajasthan Royals
- Match 51 – Oct 31st Delhi Capitals vs Mumbai Indians
- Match 52 – Oct 31st Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Sunrisers Hyderabad
- Match 53 – Nov 1st Chennai Super Kings vs Kings XI Punjab
- Match 54 – Nov 1st Kolkata Knight Riders vs Rajasthan Royals
- Match 55 – Nov 2nd Delhi Capitals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore
- Match 56 – Nov 3rd Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Mumbai Indians
IPL 2020 Latest Points Table
|Indian Premier League||P||W||L||D||NRR||Pts|
|2||Royal Challengers Bangalore||12||7||5||0||+0.048||14|
|4||Kings XI Punjab||12||6||6||0||-0.049||12|
|5||Kolkata Knight Riders||13||6||7||0||-0.467||12|
|8||Chennai Super Kings||13||5||8||0||-0.532||10|