The Dream11 IPL 2020 playoff race is heating up. Like Delhi Capitals today, Royal Challengers Bangalore has also lost opportunity to make it to IPL 2020 playoffs. With only 4 matches left, only Mumbai Indians has managed to qualify for playoffs. 6 teams are still fighting for the 3 playoff spots with only Chennai Super Kings out of the race up till now.
Without any doubt playoff race is going to the wire – no one has a idea who will win this race ? who will make it to the playoffs ? For now Sunrisers Hyderabad has got in a driving seat from no where. SRH defeated RCB and has moved from 7th to 4th place in the points table.
The race especially has become more complex for Delhi Capitals now. DC has not only lost the match today to Mumbai Indians but their net run rate has nose dived to negative.
Check what all teams has to do to qualify for IPL 2020 playoffs ?
Delhi Capitals: Played 13, Points 14, NRR -0.159 (Remaining match vs Royal Challengers)
- DC need to win match against RCB to qualify. Its a virtual quarters for them.
- If they lose, they will almost crash out of the race because of negative run rate
- KXIP plays CSK – If they win, they will go through at No.3
- SRH is playing Mumbai Indians – if they win, they can go through as well becos of most superior net run rate.
- Rajasthan Royals can also go past DC if they beat KKR in their last match
Sunrisers Hyderabad: Played 13, Points 12, NRR +0.555 (Remaining match: vs Mumbai)
- Sunrisers can qualify for playoff by now winning against mumbai indians
- Superior NRR will take them through to playoffs if they win against MI
- However, if they lose, they will be out.
IPL 2020 Latest Points Table
|Indian Premier League||P||W||L||D||NRR||Pts|
|2||Royal Challengers Bangalore||12||7||6||0||-0.145||14|
|7||Kolkata Knight Riders||13||6||7||0||-0.467||10|
|8||Chennai Super Kings||13||5||8||0||-0.532||10|
Rajasthan Royals: Played 13, Points 12, NRR -0.377 (Remaining match: vs Knight Riders)
- Should win last game against KKR reach 14 points, pray other results go their way
- Even with NRR, Royals can still make it if Delhi Capitals or Royal Challengers Bangalore lose both their matches and stay on 14. Royals may sneak past them on run rate.
Kings XI Punjab: Played 13, Points 12, NRR -0.133 (Remaining match: vs Chennai Super Kings)
- KXIP after losing to RR is now dependent on other results to qualify.
- Even if they beat CSK in their last game on Sunday, they will not make it if Sunrisers beat MI or if the loser of the DC-RR game finishes higher on the points table or NRR than Kings XI.
- However, if Sunrisers lose one of their last two games, then Kings XI will have an excellent chance of qualifying with 14 points. First thing beat CSK.
Royal Challengers Bangalore: Played 13, Points 14, NRR -0.145 (Remaining match vs Capitals
- RCB now play DC in virtual quarterfinals
- If they lose they can still qualify – provided they have better run-rate.
- Best Chance – win the game and go through
Kolkata Knight Riders: Played 13, Points 12, NRR -0.467 (Remaining match vs Rajasthan Royals)
- Chances almost negligible for KKR to qualify
- KKR NRR is very inferior than other teams
- Only chance of qualification is if they beat Royals and finish on 14, and none of the other contenders get to that tally.
- Beat RR first
Match 50 – Oct 30th KingsXI Punjab vs Rajasthan Royals (RR beat KXIP)
Match 51 – Oct 31st Delhi Capitals vs Mumbai Indians (MI beat DC)
Match 52 – Oct 31st Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH beat RCB)
Match 53 – Nov 1st Chennai Super Kings vs Kings XI Punjab
Match 54 – Nov 1st Kolkata Knight Riders vs Rajasthan Royals
Match 55 – Nov 2nd Delhi Capitals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore
Match 56 – Nov 3rd Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Mumbai Indians