Kings XI Punjab skipper KL Rahul once again showed his class on Thursday when he slammed his second IPL century and the first of the ongoing Dream11 Indian Premier League 2020 (IPL 2020) season against Royal Challengers Bangalore.
The 28-year-old batsman smashed 132* off just 69 balls as he plundered the likes of Dale Steyn, Umesh Yadav, Navdeep Saini and Shivam Dube to all corners of the Dubai International Stadium. His breathtaking knock comprised of 14 fours and 7 sixes.
Here are some of the records that Rahul scripted en route his magnificent century against RCB:
- Rahul remained unbeaten on 132 and surpassed Rishabh Pant (128*) to post the highest individual score by an Indian in IPL history. It is also the highest individual score in IPL cricket since AB de Villiers‘ 133* (59) against Mumbai Indians in May 2015.
- Rahul is now only the third player after Virender Sehwag and David Warner to hit an IPL century both as captain and non-captain.
- Rahul’s 132 is also the highest score by a captain in IPL.
132* – KL Rahul, 2020
126 – David Warner, 2017
119 – Virender Sehwag, 2011
113 – Virat Kohli, 2016
109 – Virat Kohli, 2016
108* – Virat Kohli, 2016
- Earlier in the innings, the right-hander also became the fastest Indian (60 innings) to reach 2,000 IPL runs, overtaking the 8-year-old record set by former Mumbai captain and batting icon Sachin Tendulkar (63 innings).
- Rahul became the first player to hit a ton in IPL 2020.
Meanwhile, riding on Rahul’s ton, KXIP amassed 206/3 in the allotted 20 overs after they were put to bat first by RCB. The Punjab based franchise went onto defend the massive total easily as they won the game by 97 runs after bowling out Bangalore for mere 109 in 17 overs.