Chennai Super Kings team and their fans can breathe little easy. Team’s lead pace bowler Deepak Chahar has tested negative in the first mandatory Covid-19 test.
Chahar will now be shifting back to the team hotel from the quarantine facility.
The big question in front of CSK now is – will he be available for the first game now ?
– According to the CSK CEO K.S. Viswanathan the pacemen still has to undergo a cardiovascular test. The said test will be conducted by the BCCI.
– Other than Cardiovascular test, Chahar will also have to give one more Covid-19 test and if it comes negative, he will be allowed to join the team nets.
– The entire process will take another 3-4 days
– Post that he can bowl at the team nets and his fitness will be analyzed by the team management
– If Chahar can clean the fitness test of the team, CSK can draft him in the eleven for the first game against Mumbai Indians on 19th September.