IPL 2021 Auction: Chris Morris becomes highest paid cricketer in IPL history; crosses Yuvraj Singh’s 16 Cr: checkout the details: Chris Morris, the African all-rounder went all pay-checks in the 2021 Auction after a fierce battle between the franchises and eventually went to RR for 16.25 Cr. He breaks all the records and becomes the highest paid overseas player. The South African all-rounder had a tough outing last year owing to injuries but his records in the IPL has been very promising. He has played for many franchises throughout his IPL career.
In his career of 70 matches he has played so far in IPL, he has scored 551 runs and scalped 80 wickets. He hits the big ball with a strike rate of 157.87.
Rajasthan Royals has strengthened their bowling attack which was exploited by the other teams and he will accompany Jofra Archer both at the top and at the death. With his ability to score quick fire runs down the order he will bring depth in their batting order as well.
- Chris Morris – 16.25 Cr – Bought by RR in 2021
- Yuvraj Singh – 16 crores – Bought by DC in 2015
- Pat Cummins -15.5 crores – Bought by KKR in 2020
- Ben Stokes – 14.5 crores by Rising Pune Supergiant in 2017
- Yuvraj Singh – 14 crores – Bought by RCB in 2014
- Ben Stokes 12.5 crores – Bought by RR in 2018
- Dinesh Karthik – 12.5 crores – Bought by DC in 2014
- Jaydev Unadkat – 11.5 crores – Bought by KKR in 2011
- KL Rahul – 11 crores – Bought by KXIP in 2018
Follow InsideSport for all IPL 2021 News, Match Updates, Schedules, Points table, Players Salaries, IPL MoneyBall, IPL Player Impact table, IPL 2021 analysis, IPL Interesting Facts
Also follow the IPL Moneyball to know how much the each IPL player stand to lose if the IPL 2021 does not see the light of the day this year.