IPL 2021: What are the immediate measures if a player tests positive?
– Suspected/positive cases will be immediately isolated from rest of the squad.
– The Team Doctor will inform the BCCI Chief Medical Officer immediately.
– The local Health Authority will be immediately notified of the positive RT-PCR test result.
– The case will be managed in close coordination with accredited hospitals and treatment centres equipped with COVID-19 testing and treatment.
– All concerned cases shall be dealt with as per the guidelines set by the Government applicable to that particular area.
– Contact tracing must commence immediately. Everyone who has been in close contact with the case in the previous 48 hours starting from the time of sample collection which resulted positive, will be isolated and tested. All casual contacts in the last 48 hours starting from the time of collection of the sample which resulted in a positive test, will also be isolated and tested immediately.
– All staff handling positive cases must mandatorily wear a full PPE kit (goggles, face shield, N95 mask, gloves, coverall/gowns, headcover and shoe covers) while handling a suspected/positive COVID-19 case.
IPL 2021: What are the Follow-up measures
– During the 10-day isolation, the individual must rest and avoid any exercises.
– The team doctor should regularly monitor the case.
– If symptoms worsen during the course of isolation, the individual must be hospitalised immediately.
– During the 10-day isolation, the individual will undergo an RT-PCR test on Day 9 and Day 10. Provided, both the test results from Day 9 and Day 10 are negative, and he/she does not have any symptoms for more than 24 hours, the individual will be permitted to re-enter the Bio-Secure Environment.
– After recovery, players must undergo a cardiac screening before resuming any team activities.
IPL 2021: When is MI vs RCB match?
Mumbai Indians (MI) will play Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) on April 9 at MA Chidambaram Stadum.
IPL 2021: What will be RCB playing XI? Who will open with Virat Kohli?
Since Padikkal is certain to miss the opening match, Kohli will have to pick between Mohammed Azharuddeen and Finn Allen as his partner.
Possible Playing XI: Finn Allen/ Mhd Azharudeen, Virat Kohli (c), Rajat Patidar, AB de Villiers, Glenn Maxwell, Dan Christian/Sachin Baby, Washington Sundar, Kylie Jamieson, Mohammed Siraj, Yuzvendra Chahal, Navdeep Saini