IPL 2021 & T20 World Cup – BCCI Meeting in Mumbai: The top officials of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) is slated to meet in Mumbai this week to take final call on the T20 World Cup in India. According to the information available, BCCI officials will assess the current Covid-19 situation and check the feasibility of hosting T20 World Cup in India. It is worth noting that the International Cricket Council (ICC) has given a deadline of June 28th to BCCI for the final decision on World Cup in India. Other than this, BCCI officials will also discuss the final dates for IPL 2021 Phase 2 and status of dialogue with international cricket boards in regard to the players availability for the rest of the league.
IPL 2021 & T20 World Cup – BCCI Meeting in Mumbai: Infact BCCI President Sourav Ganguly has already reached Mumbai and other officials expected to join him soon. First on agenda would be the ICC Tax Exemption issue for which BCCI has to reply to the global body by Tuesday.
Speaking to ANI, sources in the know of developments said the former India skipper is in Mumbai to discuss issues related to hosting the showpiece event. “Sourav is in Mumbai as BCCI needs to discuss important matters around hosting the World Cup. The matter of tax exemption needs to be cleared to the ICC by tomorrow while the issue of hosting the tournament needs to be decided on by June 28. So, a couple of important decisions are set to be taken in the next few days,” the source explained.
IPL 2021 & T20 World Cup: BCCI keen to host T20 World Cup but how?
As reported earlier, BCCI is still keen to host the T20 World Cup in India. The senior members of the board are not ready to give up on the opportunity. According to the information available, the board is confident that with Covid-19 cases falling, India can hold the world cup on limited number of venues.
What will be discussed in the meeting?
– BCCI will discuss the possibility of reducing the number of venues
– The board will also deliberate the issue of tax-waiver & status of representation to the finance ministry.
– BCCI will also discuss the logistics around the T20 World Cup in India
– BCCI is yet to freeze IPL 2021 Phase 2 Dates and the same will also be deliberated.
– Status of dialogue with the foreign boards on availability of the foreign players will also be discussed
IPL 2021 – Foreign Players in IPL: BCCI ‘confident’ but ‘concerned’ about the entire situation
BCCI currently is also concerned about the foreign players participation in IPL 2021 Phase 2. The Indian board has approached almost all boards for support on release of the players – but is yet to get any major headwind. The top brass of BCCI will discuss the issue informally in Mumbai.
– England & Wales Cricket Board (ECB) has completely disallowed participation of their players in IPL on account of their series against Bangladesh.
– Cricket West Indies is yet to respond to BCCI’s request of advance Caribbean Premier League by 7-10 days
– Cricket Australia is yet to make any formal announcement on releasing or disallowing their players for IPL 2021 Phase 2
– New Zealand Cricket also hasn’t come out with any public statement on the issue. New Zealand is due to tour Pakistan during the IPL Window
– Bangladesh Cricket Board has also declared that both Shakib Al Hasan and Mustafizur Rahman will not be released for IPL 2021
– Cricket Sri Lanka is the only one which is ready to dance on BCCI’s tune – but unfortunately none of the Lankan player has a IPL Contract
BCCI senior members will also discuss the concerns raised by the franchises and will also take the stock of logistics around IPL 2021 Phase 2 in UAE.