Virat Kohli is the lone cricketer among the top 10 in the Instagram ‘Rich List’ for sports for 2019. Portugal and Juventus icon Cristiano Ronaldo tops the chart that has football stars in the first four positions.
The list is based on the revenue these icons make for a single post on their Instagram account.
Team India skipper Kohli is ranked 9th ahead of the likes of Barcelona forward Luis Suarez, UFC great Conor McGregor, Liverpool star Mohamed Salah and boxing great Floyd Mayweather and Serena Williams.
Kohli, among the most-followed cricketers in the sport, earns $196,000 (₹ 1.35 crore) for each Instagram post. Priyanka Chopra is the only Indian in overall celebrities list.
Kohli incidentally is also the only cricketer and Indian in Forbes’ richest 100 sportspersons list.
Also Read: Cristiano Ronaldo buys Rs 6.6 crore supercar
Ronaldo is also 3rd on the overall list, only behind Kylie Jenner and Ariana Grande.
Neymar is placed second ahead of Lionel Messi with former England and Manchester United football icon David Beckham in the 4th spot. Basketball star LeBron James is at the fifth spot while Ronaldo Moreir, Gareth Bale and Zlatan Ibrahimovic occupy the next 3 spots.
Instagram Rich List for Sports 2019 – Top 16
- Cristiano Ronaldo – $975,000 cost per post
- Neymar – $722,000 cost per post
- Lionel Messi – $648,000 per post
- David Beckham – $357,000 per post
- LeBron James – $272.000 per post
- Ronaldo Moreira – #256,000 per post
- Gareth Bale – $218.000 per post
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic – $200,000 per post
- Virat Kohli – $196,000 per post
- Luis Suarez – $184,000 per post
- Conor McGregor – $169,000 per post
- Mohamed Salah – $165,000 per post
- Stephen Curry – $142,000 per post
- Floyd Mayweather – $124,000 per post
- Ronda Rousey – $67,750 per post
- Serena Williams – $60,500 per post