India cricket captain Virat Kohli has once again become the sole Indian in the Forbes 2019 list of world’s highest-paid athletes,
ranked 100th in the table.
According to the Forbes list, Kohli estimated earnings is $ 21m from endorsements and $ 4m from salary and winnings, taking his total tally to $ 25m for the last 12 months.
Ranked 83rd on last year’s list, Kohli has climbed down to the 100th spot despite an increase of $ 1m in endorsements.
Meanwhile, Messi has dethroned retired boxer Floyd Mayweather as the sports world’s highest earner, raking in $ 127 million via salary and endorsement deals.
World’s Top 10 Highest-Paid Athletes in 2019 (Source: Forbes)
- Lionel Messi (Football) – $127m
- Cristiano Ronaldo (Football) – $109m
- Neymar (Football) – $105m
- Canelo Alvarez (Boxing) – $94m
- Roger Federer (Tennis) – $93.4m
- Russell Wilson (American Football) – $89.5m
- Aaron Rodgers (American Football) – $89.3m
- LeBron James (Basketball) – $89m
- Stephen Curry (Basketball) – $79.8m
- Kevin Durrant (Basketball) – $65.4m