Mumbai Indians win IPL 2020 : Cometh the hour, cometh the man! Mumbai Indians skipper Rohit Sharma once again proved that he is the man for the big occasions as he smashed 68 off 51 balls against Delhi Capitals to help his side win the IPL 2020 trophy.
fifth IPL title.
Mumbai Indians’ IPL titles win
- 2013 – Mumbai Indians beat Chennai Super Kings by 23 runs in final
- 2015 – Mumbai Indians beat Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs in final
- 2017 – Mumbai Indians beat Rising Pune Supergiants by 1 run in final
- 2019 – Mumbai Indians beat Chennai Super Kings by 1 run in final
- 2020 – Mumbai Indians beat Delhi Capitals by five wickets in final
However, MI made the target look too easy as other than Rohit, Quinton de Kock (20), SuryaKumar Yadav (19) and Ishan Kishan (33*) also contributed with bat to help Mumbai’s cause.
With the win, MI also became only the second team after Chennai Super Kings to defend their IPL title.
IPL Winners List
|2010||Chennai Super Kings|
|2011||Chennai Super Kings|
|2012||Kolkata Knight Riders|
|2014||Kolkata Knight Riders|
|2018||Chennai Super Kings|
- With the win against DC, Rohit keeps his record as MI skipper intact as Mumbai have never lost an IPL final under his captaincy.
- Rohit Sharma became the only captain to score 2 fifties in IPL finals. Before Tuesday, the opener had scored a 26-ball 50 against Chennai Super Kings in Kolkata, in IPL 2015.
- Earlier in the match, Rohit achieved another milestone as he completed 4,000 runs for MI.
- He also reached 3000 runs in the IPL as captain.
- During the same match, Rohit also became the second player to make 200 appearances in the tournament after MS Dhoni.
- This is the sixth IPL title for Rohit Sharma as he won one for the now-defunct Deccan Chargers in 2009 and the other five have come with MI.
Rohit’s befitting reply to Team India selectors
With the super innings in the IPL 2020 final, Rohit has proved that he is completely fit for the India tour of Australia. The opener was earlier completely ignored for the upcoming tour as the selectors cited his hamstring injury concerns and later when Rohit made a comeback for MI, he was included only in the Test squad.
However, the MI skipper, with his brilliant fifty in the final against DC, showed that he is completely fit and in form to be considered for the T20I and ODI series against Australia and to prove a point, he fetched those doubles, tap and run singles in the final.