NBA 2020-21 schedule: The NBA regular-season game and broadcast schedule for the first half of the 2020-21 season begins December 22, 2020, and runs through March 4, 2021!
An opening-night doubleheader on TNT on Tuesday, Dec. 22, one game each on TNT and ESPN on Wednesday, Dec. 23, and five Christmas Day games across ESPN and ABC on Friday, Dec. 25.
The complete game schedule and broadcast schedules for TNT, ESPN, ABC, NBA TV, and ESPN Radio for the First Half of the regular season (Dec. 22, 2020 – March 4, 2021) will be announced on Friday, Dec. 4.
Kia NBA Tip-Off 2020 will begin on Tuesday, Dec. 22 with a TNT doubleheader as the Golden State Warriors visit the Brooklyn Nets at 7 p.m. ET and the defending NBA champion Los Angeles Lakers take on the LA Clippers at 10 p.m. ET. TNT will present an opening-night doubleheader for the 25th consecutive season, marking Turner Sports’ 37th straight year of NBA coverage.
On Wednesday, Dec. 23, the Milwaukee Bucks will visit the Boston Celtics at 7:30 p.m. ET on TNT and the Phoenix Suns will host the Dallas Mavericks at 10:30 p.m. ET on ESPN. The Suns-Mavericks matchup will tip off ESPN’s 19th consecutive year of NBA coverage.
The NBA will feature five games on Christmas Day (Friday, Dec. 25) for the 13th year in a row, with ESPN or ABC televising each matchup.
🏀 Dec. 23 | Season opener
🏀 Jan. 30 | NBA Saturday Primetime on ABC series returns
🏀 Feb. 21 | ABC Sunday Showcase series is back
— ESPN PR (@ESPNPR) December 4, 2020
NBA on ABC highlights through Sun, Feb 28:
- 3 appearances each from the Los Angeles Lakers, Golden State Warriors, Brooklyn Nets, Dallas Mavericks, and Boston Celtics;
- NBA Christmas Day highlighted by the Dallas Mavericks at Los Angeles Lakers, preceded by an Eastern Conference matchup between the Brooklyn Nets and the Boston Celtics, as Kyrie Irving makes his first return to TD Garden, and reigning MVP Giannis Antetokounmpo and the Milwaukee Bucks vs. a returning Steph Curry and the Golden State Warriors;
- NBA Saturday Primetime on ABC begins on January 30th with the historic Los Angeles Lakers vs Boston Celtics rivalry at 8:30 p.m.;
- Kevin Durant returns to Golden State when Steph Curry and the Warriors host the Brooklyn Nets on Sat, Feb 13;
- The Miami Heat visit the Los Angeles Lakers on Sat, Feb. 20, for a 2020 NBA Finals rematch;
- ABC Sunday Showcase begins on Feb. 21 at 3:30 p.m. when the New Orleans Pelicans host the Boston Celtics.
One thing stands out with NBA schedules that are never seen: Lots and lots of games being played like mini-series. Meaning, a team goes into a market and plays the team twice in a period of three days.
It’s a new world with the COVID protocols and attempting to limit travel.