Pakistan Super League Champions Peshawar Zalmi and Kolkata Knight Riders have denied reports that the two teams will play a three-match series at a neutral venue. Peshawar Zalmi PZ owner Javed Afridi had rubbished the media reports as mere speculations.
Earlier media reports said Bollywood superstar Shahrukh Khan, who is the co-owner of the Kolkata Knight Riders, has offered a short series of matches between Peshawar Zalmi and Kolkata Knight Riders at a neutral location.
Javed Afridi, the owner of Peshawar Zalmi franchise, had reportedly told a local newspaper that he will come up with a decision after a mutual consent but later denied on Twitter.
— Javed Afridi (@JAfridi10) March 9, 2017
Peshawar Zalmi has won the PSL title beating Quetta Gladiators in the Lahore final last Sunday, while the Kolkata Knight Riders are the two-times winners of the Indian Premier League.
Two-time Indian Premier League winner KKR claimed the reports to be false and said that no such offer had been made by KKR owner Shah Rukh Khan to the Peshawar Zalmi.
CEO of Kolkata Knight Riders Venky Mysore also denied the reports about upcoming three-match series between Peshawar Zalmi and KKR. The renowned Indian team shared a post on social media saying, “no such communication happened from our end”.
KKR won’t be playing any unauthorized games/leagues as some false reports are claiming.
No such communication happened from our end.
— KolkataKnightRiders (@KKRiders) March 9, 2017
Similarly, owner of the PSL 2 champions Javed Afridi tweeted that there was nothing true about the reports. The Peshawar Zalmi CEO expressed a positive message for peace and denied any such communication between the two franchises.