PKL Auction 2021 Live: One player from each team on whom franchises will use Final Bid Match card – Pro Kabaddi League’s auction for the 2021 season is just around the corner and the franchises are gearing up for the mega auction by marking their key players who they will target to buy. All 12 teams released their retention list on August 20th. Patna Pirates’ key player Pradeep Narwal and Bengaluru Bulls captain Rohit Kumar were some of the shocking releases ahead of the PKL auction. But their respective franchises can still buy them back using the Final Bid Match card.
Everything you need to know about #vivoPKLPlayerAuction between 29th and 31st August 2021.
Did your excitement double?
Yes, ours did too. 🤯 pic.twitter.com/UbDd3gUvT0
— ProKabaddi (@ProKabaddi) August 28, 2021
So we at Insidesport will take you through one player from each team on whom franchises will use the Final Bid Match card. But first lets us take you through the rules regarding the Final Bid Match.
What is Final Bid Match Card?
The Final Bid Match rule allows teams that have released their players from the previous season to buy them back during the auction at the price of the final bid from a rival team.
Introduced ahead of Season 6, the Final Bid Match card can only be used twice during the Pro Kabaddi auction, subject to the number of players retained by the said team.
If a team has kept the maximum possible six Elite Retained Players, it is not eligible to use the Final Bid Match card. If the team has retained five players, then it can use the FMB card once.
A team can use both their Final Bid Match cards if they have retained four or less Elite Retained Players.
As things stand, all 12 teams are eligible to use their two Final Bid Match cards during the Pro Kabaddi 2021 player auction.
U Mumba has kept four Elite Retained Players for Season 8, the most by any team, while Tamil Thalaivas and U.P. Yoddha do not have any Elite Retained Players in their midst.
How does Final Bid Match work?
- At the end of a round of bidding on a released player, the relevant team will be invited by the auctioneer to match the final bid. The said team has to respond with Yes or No.
- If they reply with a Yes, the player will go to the franchise exercising the Final Bid Match option at the final bid price.
- If the reply is a No, then the player shall be allocated to the team that has bid the highest amount.
- With the Final Bid Match, teams can take strategic decisions in making their squads while maintaining long-term association with players.
List of players on whom Final Bid Match card can be used
- Bengal Warriors – Sukesh Hegde
- Bengaluru Bulls – Rohit Kumar
- Dabang Delhi K.C. – Joginder Narwal
- Gujarat Fortunegiants – Abolfazl Maghsodloumahali
- Haryana Steelers – Dharmaraj Cheralathan
- Jaipur Pinkpanthers – Deepak Hooda
- Patna Pirates – Pardeep Narwal
- Puneri Paltan – Surjeet Singh
- Tamil Thalaivas – Rahul Chaudhari
- Telugu Titans – Siddharth Desai
- U Mumba – Surinder Singh
- U.P. Yoddha – Rishank Devadiga