Home Esports PUBG Mobile Latest Update: PUBG fraternity ‘extremely upset’, asks ‘why can’t ministry,...
PUBG Mobile Comeback – Fraternity upset : The wait is getting endless for PUBG fraternity. The restlessness is growing and so is the frustration among the PUBG players in India. They are losing hope on PUBG’s resumption in India and have started venturing into alternatives.
According to few, it is more frustrating with rumor mongering in market on PUBG’s resumption. Rumors and unconfirmed reports raise hopes – which finally ends in zilch. InsideSport reached out to some of the big-wigs of the fraternity who showed their displeasure on the situation. They are also questioning the Indian ministry on lack of clarity on the situation.
‘We are just tired of the situation. Why can’t government once for all clear officially that whether they will allow PUBG to comeback or not. We were earning our living through this game. If it is permanently banned – we should at least be told so that we move to other alternatives”, said one of the leading PUBG player in the country on condition of anonymity.
Same is the situation with companies which have either raised PUBG teams or who organize PUBG tournaments in India.
“Along with the government, I would also like to ask PUBG promoters – why can’t they give clarity on the situation. Month back they officially announced that PUBG Mobile is coming back. Why did they raise our hopes and now are incommunicado”, said one extremely frustrated PUBG Mobile tournament organizer in India.
PUBG Mobile Comeback: Government not ready to buzz from their earlier stand
PUBG Corporation on it’s part has made several moves to appease the Indian government so that the game can get unbanned in India.
– After Indian government banned Chinese apps on Sep12th, PUBG Corporation as a first move announced break-up of all ties with game publisher Tencent in India
– Post that, PUBG Corporation officially announced that a new version of PUBG mobile catering specifically to the Indian market will be launched.
– PUBG Corp also announced investments in India
– It was also officially confirmed by PUBG Corp that game will be hosted on the Indian servers and and no-data will go outside
– Though not officially confirmed by PUBG Corp – but partnership with Microsoft Azure was reported in media and so was formation of the India entity of PUBG with a Indian director was formed
But even after all of these attempts by PUBG Corp to appease the Indian government hasn’t yielded any fruits. As reported by InsideSport earlier, PUBG Corp official requested for a meeting with MEITY officials – but even after repeated requests meeting has not been granted as yet.
This makes the government stand very clear. The Indian government is not ready to buzz from their stand and PUBG Mobile along with others stay banned in India. Chance for any headwind in this regard is absolutely negligible in near future.
This means PUBG fraternity in India will have to live with the fact that PUBG is not coming back any soon.