PUBG new game mode – Sanhok Map: PUBG is working on a new game mode that will revamp the ‘Sanhok’ map. It has introduced a new LABS mode titled ‘Challenger Battle Royale’. PUBG Labs is the developers’ experimental system to try out new game modes and features before making it live globally.
PUBG Mode: What is Challenger Battle Royale?
Challenger Battle Royale features the same classic PUBG fans adore so much but with a dark twist. There is a limited on-screen user interface (UI) to intensify immersion. More emphasis is on the stealth experience with an eerie night setting.
The mini-map, compass, ammo, kill feed and alive player counter have been disabled, which means, players will have to rely on their experience and knowledge of the map, and skills.
Luckily, a flare gun fires throughout the game, lighting up the sky and the map bright red. Also, the blue zone will start closing one of the flare fires thrice. The new mode is currently available in the Sanhok map, the medium-sized lush jungle map.
PUBG Mode: Game mode rules
- The damage of firearms, melee weapons, and throwables are doubled, intensify gameplay.
- The Blue Zone damage output, movement speed, and timing remain unchanged.
- A single red flare signals the warning phase, which identifies the Safe Zone; occurs at the center of the new circle; does not light up the area; occurs when the new Blue Zone is determined and is visible until the Blue Zone starts to move.
- Three consecutive red flares signal the Closing Phase; red flare lights up the surrounding area; occurs in the center of the safe zone; occurs when the Blue Zone starts to move; is visible until the Blue Zone stops, and the Flare is in the same position as the single warning phase flare.
PUBG Mode: UI Changes
- No Player HUD; only the health bar is displayed.
- No player counter, kill feed, kill counter.
- “M” (default key binding) brings up the map, but the map does not show any sort of markings or the Blue Zone.
- No ping messages/alerts.
PUBG Mode: Settings
- Played in either First Person Perspective or Third Person Perspective.
- Solo Mode only.
- Played exclusively on the map Sanhok.
- Bullet Tracers are enabled.
- Up to 100 players per match.
- Players have a normal amount of health.
- Lighting and weather is dark/dusk.