After a successful first edition, the Star Re-Imagine Awards returned this year in a bigger and better avatar with Bisleri (Best Creative TV) and Netflix (Best Creative Digital) bagging top honours.
Showcasing excellence in creativity (Best Creative on TV and Best Creative on Digital), these campaigns were broadcast on TV and Digital during the recently concluded, VIVO IPL 2019 on Star Sports Network. Gautam Thakar, CEO, Star Sports and Guest of Honour, Rahul Dravid; one of India’s finest batsmen and cricketing legend, and the recent under 19 ICC World Cup winning coach, felicitated the winners, Star Sports has stated in a Press release.
The awards were attended by stalwarts from the Indian Marketing, Advertising, and Media fraternity who graciously applauded the efforts of all nominees. The winners and other exemplary campaigns were selected by distinguished jury members comprising of Dave Trott, R. Balki, Rama Bijapurkar, Swati Bhattacharya and Piyush Pandey. With ten brands making the final shortlist, Bisleri and Netflix were declared winners. The judges selected campaigns that excelled in both – creativity, innovation and those that showed a distinct and unique creative approach on the VIVO IPL platform.
A great deal of thought and articulation went into the conception of all these campaigns resulting in award-winning and impactful creations. The winning campaigns were from some of the most sought-after creative teams in Indian Advertising.
• The top honours went to Bisleri, conceptualized by 82.5 Communications, which won the award for excellence in creativity (Best Creative on TV)
• Netflix, conceptualised by The Script Room, was recognized for the Best Use of Integrated Media (Best Creative on Digital)
Gautam Thakar, CEO, Star Sports said, “I am very glad that the second season of VIVO IPL was Bigger and Better on the Star Sports network and Hotstar. This year, the strong regional strategy of having four independent dedicated language channels in Tamil, Telugu, Bangla and Kannada, the Select Dugout and Super Funday feed contributed immensely to the increased reach of VIVO IPL. The success of this year has been even more gratifying, that despite the Indian general elections and TRAI regulations, VIVO IPL continues to grow. It has been an exciting season and on behalf of the Star Sports Network and Hotstar, I would like to thank the creative media agencies and clients who have made VIVO IPL, the Superbowl of India. My heartiest congratulations to Bisleri and Netflix, and to the 300 brands that made this VIVO IPL 2019 the biggest ever.”
Over 300 brands were on board for the VIVO IPL 2019 across TV and Digital platforms from various sectors like Telecom, Consumer Durables (Handset), Retail and Lifestyle, Food Delivery and Restaurant (Hospitality), E-commerce, Online services, Automotive, Gaming, Online Payment Wallets, Paints and Adhesives FMCG.
List of winners & special mention from the elite jury are:
• Best Creative on TV: Bisleri ‘Har paani ki bottle Bisleri nahi’
• Best Creative on Digital: Netflix ‘Selection Day’
Brands that received Special Mention from the jury (In alphabetical order):
• Amazon Echo – ‘#JustAsk’
• Bisleri – ‘Har paani ki bottle Bisleri nahi’
• Budweiser – ‘Becks Ice – packaged drinking water’
• Coca Cola – ‘Say it with coke’
• Dream11 – ‘Yeh game hai mahaan’
• Freecharge – ‘Sirf app nahi, appreciation’
• Intel – ‘Change your pc, change your business’
• Netflix – ‘Selection Day’
• Snickers – ‘Hungry? Grab a snickers’
• Swiggy – ‘What a Delivery’