Star Sports set for ₹ 25-30 crore ad sales for India-Pak match: Report

ICC World Cup 2019,ICC Cricket World Cup 2019,ICC World Cup 2019 Live,ICC World Cup 2019 Broadcast,Star Sports

The India-Pakistan ICC World Cup 2019 match on Sunday will earn host broadcaster Star Sports up to ₹ 30 crore in advertisement sales alone.

Although, 85% advertisement revenue is already booked by broadcast sponsors, the remaining 15% is attracting a premium of up to 400% for the spot buyers. As against the ₹ 6 lakh to ₹ 6.5 lakh average ten second spot value for World Cup 2019 broadcast sponsors on Star Sports, the spot buying for the India-Pakistan match on Sunday is going to cost up to ₹ 35 lakh for the remaining 3-4% inventory.

A ten-second slot on Star Sports network for the other India matches prior to the semi-finals stage is costing between ₹ 10 lakh and ₹ 12 lakh. For the non-India games the cost comes down to ₹ 6 lakh to ₹ 6.5 lakh.

The ICC World Cup 2019 broadcaster for the Indian subcontinent and International Cricket Council’s exclusive media rights partner, Star Sports is selling the remaining few spots for the Sunday’s game between India and Pakistan for up to ₹ 35 lakh per ten second, Brand Equity Economic Times has reported. The match will be broadcast on Star Sports network channels and streamed on Hotstar in seven languages – English, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam and Bangla.

Also Read: World Cup 2019: Star Sports opens with record 114 mn audience

ICC World Cup 2019 breaks the opening week audience record

ICC World Cup 2019: A Sneak peek of the Indian dressing room from Hardik…

“While India versus Pakistan match usually tends to attract both eyeballs and high ad rates, a large portion of the ad inventory is already sold out,” the paper has reported Star Sports CEO Gautam Thakkar as saying.

Since India and Pakistan do not play bilateral cricket amidst political tension because of Pakistan State’s policies on terrorism, the duel between the two arch foes becomes the most awaited one. Not just for the fans of the two teams, but for the entire cricketing world. Industry observers feel that anticipation, excitement and scarcity of opportunity to see the two teams locking horns adds premium to the India-Pakistan cricket matches.

“The match is expected to generate a very high viewership. Therefore despite availability of limited inventory, brands are ready to pay a hefty price to be part of the game,” Amplifi, Dentsu Aegis Network, buying and trading head Sujata Dwivedi has told the paper.

The India-Pakistan match in the World Cup 2015 remains second-most viewed game in cricketing history. It has been watched on TV by 288 million viewers, according to TAM data. TAM was the television audience measurement mechanism than.

Brands and advertisers are betting big on ICC World Cup 2019 and have launched schemes designed to attract new consumers and retain customers.

Also Read: ICC World Cup 2019: India, NZ share points after another washout

ICC World Cup 2019: Recovering Dhawan hits the gym


LEAVE A REPLY