Tokyo Olympics Hockey LIVE – Australia Defeats India 7-1: – Australia destroys India, Kangaroos wins 7-1: World’s No. 1 ranked Australian team played like No. 1 to hand India one of the worst defeat for the Indian Hockey team in recent times. Indian defence was completely exposed by the Australian attackers as they scored goals at will against the helpless Indian team – Follow All LIVE Updates from Tokyo Olympics on InsideSport.co
India will now play Spain in their 3rd game in Olympics on Tuesday.
Tokyo Olympics Hockey: Australia humiliates India 7-1, one of the worst defeat for the Indian Hockey team in Olympics
Tokyo Olympics Hockey LIVE – Australia Defeats India 7-1: India men’s hockey team was not able to carry their winning momentum as the Manpreet Singh-led side stumbled to a defeat at the hands of Australia in their second Group A game in the ongoing Tokyo Olympics.
Australia defeated India 7-1 here at the Oi Hockey Stadium North Pitch. India will next take on Spain on Tuesday. In the first quarter, Australia managed to take the lead as Daniel Beale scored. The Manpreet Singh-led India was not able to get the equaliser in the first quarter and hence the scoreline remained 1-0.
Australia dent another blow as Jeremy Hayward went through India goalkeeper PR Sreejesh and as a result, Australia took a 2-0 lead, creating more pressure on India. In the same quarter, Flynn Ogilvie scored as well, giving Australia a 3-0 lead. India had no answers to whatever was being thrown at them, and they quickly conceded another, to go 0-4 down in the second quarter.
Tokyo Olympics Hockey LIVE – Australia Defeats India 7-1: In the third quarter, India finally managed to get on the scoring sheet as 21-year-old Dilpreet Singh rose up to the challenge. However, Australia once again restored their four-goal lead as Blake Govers scored through a penalty stroke, giving Australia a 5-1 lead.
Minutes later, Glovers scored again and Australia gained a 6-1 lead, and India ran the risk of conceding goals in double digits.
In the fourth and final quarter, Australia scored one more goal and in the end, they registered a thundering win.
Tokyo Olympics Hockey LIVE streaming – AUSTRALIA BEAT INDIA 7-1
India vs Australia LIVE: 4th & Last Quarter Starts
- India will be playing Spain on Tuesday and would be expected that they perform better than what they did today.
- Just 2 minutes left – SCORE 7-1 in favor of AUSTRALIA
- Indian Defence is completely struggling and one should say it is completely missing
- SCORE AUSTRALIA leads 7-1 vs INDIA
- This is getting very humiliating for India – TIM BRAND gets GOAL No. 7th for Australia
- India doesn’t have any coordination today – it’s one of their worst performance in the recent times
- BLAKE GROVERS for Australia is the player of the DAY – Brilliant play by the Australian
- India should attempt to get few goals back, important for them to get the confidence back before big game vs Spain on Tuesday
- 6-1 AUSTRALIA LEADS
India vs Australia LIVE: 3RD Quarter Starts
- Interestingly INDIA has never beaten Australia in Olympics since 1976
- SCORE – AUSTRALIA leads 6-1 – This is humiliating for India
- Australia gets another PC – 4th Penalty Corner & Australia Scores again
- SCORE – AUSTRALIA leads 5-1
- Australia gets penalty stoke – Aussies did not make any mistake – THEY SCORE
- 6th Penalty Corner Wasted by the Indians – this is not good show by the Indians
- IND VS AUS – India gets another penalty corner – 6th this is – Can they score?
- India without doubt is fighting back – but can they score another one here to put pressure on World No. 1 Australian team?
- INDIA MAKES IT 1-4!! Rupinder Pal Singh just slammed the ball towards goal from long. It missed several Australian players before reaching Dilpreet Singh, who got the slightest of touches to beat goalkeeper Andrew Charter.
- SCORE 1-4
- India gets one Back here – Dilpreet Scores in 5th Minute of 3rd Quarter
- 5th Penalty Corner – another penalty corner goes for waste from India side. Rupinder Pal Singh struggling
- Atleast little better start – this is 4th penalty corner for India
- 1 more penalty Corner for India
- Can they get one back? No they can’t – Where is the coordination?
- India gets penalty corner
FIRST 30 MINUTES – INDIA 0 – AUSTRALIA 4
30th Minute – 2nd Quarter Ends: Australia completely destroys India in this quarter. 3 Goals by Australia in 15 Mins – Follow LIVE Updates
27th Minute – Australia scores another one – 4-0 NOW – Where is the Indian defence ?
23′ GOOOAAAALLLL!!!!!! AUSTRALIA HAS A 3-0 LEAD! India has completely lost the plot here. The Australians look like scoring every time they go forward. Andrew Ogilvie’s delightful finish beats Indian goalie PR Sreejesh this time.
21′ GOOOAAAALLLL!!!! AUSTRALIA TAKES A 2-0 LEAD NOW! The penalty-corner specialist Jeremy Hayward comes up with a brilliant drag flick to extend his team’s advantage.
@15:27 GOAL! Australia 2-0 Jeremy Thomas extends lead for Australia.
@15:25 India are trying to score equaliser but Australia are focused on keeping the possession.
@15:20 Second quarter starts
@15:19: Australia lead after 1st quarter
@15:15: India earns another penalty corner. Rupinder Pal’s shot saved by Goalkeeper. He flicks the ball towards the goal but Andrew Ogilvie clears it away for Aussies.
@15:14: Lalchan Thomas misses the shot
@15:13: Australia makes second save of the day.
@15:13: Nilkanta Sharma makes a brilliant save
@15:12: GOAL, Australia lead 1-0. James Beale scores the opener
@15:10: Penalty Corner, Daniel James scores
@15:10: Australia goalkeeper makes a brilliant save
@15:08 India earn a penalty corner. Harmanpreet Kaur misses the penalty corner.
@15:06: Aussies continue to create problems for Indian defence.
@15:01: Andrew Ogilvie tries an early attempt but the ball goes out of play
@15:00 GAME ON! First-quarter begins
@14:54: India players are making out to the pitch as they are set to play one of their toughest contest.
@14:50: India vs Australia Head-to-Head record
@14:45: The playing XI of the two teams have been released, scroll below to find out the playing XI. India names an unchanged XI.
Our 1⃣1⃣ to fight it out. 💪
— Hockey India (@TheHockeyIndia) July 25, 2021
INDIA PLAYING XI: PR Sreejesh (GK), Rupinder Pal Singh, Surender Kumar, Harmanpreet Singh, Amit Rohidas, Manpreet Singh (C), Hardik Singh, Nilakanta Sharma, Dilpreet Singh, Mandeep Singh, Shamser Singh.
COACH – Graham Reid
AUSTRALIA PLAYING XI: Joseph Wickham, Matthew Dawson, Eddie Ockenden, Jake Whetton, Josh Simmons, Aran Zalewski, James Beale, Trent Mitton, Tim Brand, Andrew Charter (GK), Jeremy Hayward.
COACH – Colin Batch
Tokyo Olympics LIVE: India ready to take on World’s No.1 Hockey team Australia, can they beat them – Follow LIVE Updates
Team India #HaiTayyar! 🇮🇳
— Hockey India (@TheHockeyIndia) July 25, 2021
te, time; all you need to know: Follow India vs Australia Hockey battle Live on InsideSport.co & Watch LIVE Streaming on SonyLIV
For more sports news and updates, follow us at insidesport.co