Tokyo Olympics: Neeraj Chopra rakes in more than 10 crores, bags an XUV 700 and unlimited flight travel after gold medal win- Neeraj Chopra created history on Saturday after he clinched India’s first gold medal in track and field events at the Summer Games in Tokyo. The 23-year-old threw a gigantic 87.58m to clinch the gold and become India’s second individual gold medallist after Abhinav Bindra in the 2008 Beijing Olympics. The entire nation lauded Chopra’s brilliance, and the plaudits continue to come in for the athletics star.
— Olympics (@Olympics) August 7, 2021
Tokyo Olympics: Neeraj Chopra was one of the medal favourites heading into the Tokyo Olympics, and the 23-year-old lived up to his billing. Chopra displayed one of India’s finest performances in Olympics history to clinch the first gold medal in athletics, and the first medal in track and field events since Norman Pritchard’s twin silvers in 1900.
— anand mahindra (@anandmahindra) August 7, 2021
Anbuden saluting the golden arm of India, for the Throw of the Century!
CSK honours the stellar achievement by @Neeraj_chopra1
with Rs. 1 Crore. @msdhoni
Read: https://t.co/zcIyYwSQ5E#WhistleforIndia #Tokyo2020 #Olympics #WhistlePodu 🦁💛 📸: Getty Images pic.twitter.com/lVBRCz1G5m
— Chennai Super Kings – Mask P😷du Whistle P🥳du! (@ChennaiIPL) August 7, 2021
Here’s all the prizes Neeraj Chopra will receive after his Tokyo Olympics gold
- Neeraj Chopra’s effort will see him getting rewards from all around the country, in what is truly a fruitful day for the javelin thrower.
- Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar announced a cash reward of Rs 6 crore for the gold medallist
- Khattar also announced that the 23-year-old will receive a Class-I job and a plot of land at concessional rate
- Anand Mahindra to gift a brand new XUV 700 after Chopra returns to his hometown, Panipat.
- BCCI have decided to award the athletics star a cash prize of Rs 1 crore.
- Punjab Chief Minister Amrinder Singh announced a cash reward of 2 crore.
- Manipur’s cabinet decided to extend a reward of 1 crore to Chopra.
- IndiGo has announced an unlimited flight for Neeraj Chopra for 1 year. The offer is applicable from August 8, 2021, till August 7, 2022.
- IPL franchise Chennai Super Kings have also announced Rs 1 Crore award for Neeraj Chopra while also creating a special jersey with 87.58 to immortalise his gold medal throw in Tokyo.
- BCCI also announced a cash reward of Rs 1 crore for the athlete.
- Rakesh Kapoor, chairman of Realty firm Elan group has announced a ₹25 lakh cash award
- In a release, BYJU’S, an ed-tech major, announced a cash reward of Rs 2 crore for the ace javelin thrower.
- Lovely Professional University (LPU) have announced a gift Rs 50 lakhs to Olympics gold medalist Neeraj Chopra, who is pursuing BA from the university.
- Karnataka government has announced Rs 10 lakh as a token of appreciation for Neeraj’s childhood coach Kashinath Naik.