It’s all set for UEFA Champions League Quarterfinals this weekend. Teams have already started landing for a ‘final eight’ knockout tournament played across 12 days in Lisbon. UEFA, the European football governing body, has laid down very strict protocols for participating teams to follow.
According to UEFA if protocols are not followed properly by the teams the staging of future international games will be at risk. According to a report by BBC Sport, in Lisbon, all eight teams and their officials, including Premier League side Manchester City, are required to stick to the rules from this 31-page document.
– Players will not be allowed to leave the Hotels. No Sight-seeing, no venturing out.
– If at all someone has to leave, it will be done with prior permissions from UEFA officials and then too they will not be allowed to come into contact with anyone outside their group.
– In the hotels, players should have private access routes and a private dining area, while food should only be served by the team’s own staff.
– No Laundry services in the hotel will be used. Team staff will handle all the requirements.
UEFA Champions League LIVE : Rule No. 2 – Covid19 tests before each game
– Team squads will have to undergo repeated tests in Lisbon.
– Even on the day of the match, each and every member of the squad will be tested, results will be delivered six hours before kick off.
– It is worth noting Uefa’s rules stipulate that provided a team can field 13 ‘A list’ players, plus a goalkeeper, games have to go ahead. If a team cannot do that, they would be allowed to bring in any new signings who had not been registered.
– Uefa would look at the potential for rescheduling on a case-by-case basis. However, given the Champions League final will not be moved from 23 August, the reality for any team not capable of fielding a side is that they would probably have to forfeit the fixture.
UEFA Champions League LIVE : Rule No. 3 Disinfected transport and VIP exit
– Planes and buses must be thoroughly disinfected and, “to minimise contact with the general public”,
– Players will be using VIP arrival areas at airports.
– The rules for leaving the bus are less glamorous – you just need to remember to use the central door and not get off at the front.
UEFA Champions League LIVE : Rule No. 4 – Players not allowed to swap jerseys
UEFA has clearly instructed all teams that no player should indulge in customary Jersey Swap.
August 13: Atlanta vs PSG
August 14: RB Leipzig vs Atletico Madrid
Both the semi-finals will be played on August 19 and the final will be played on August 24.
All the matches will be played at 00:30 hours as per IST and will be streamed LIVE On Sony LIV and will be broadcasted LIVE on SONY SPORTS