US Open 2021 LIVE – Alexander Zverev vs Jannick Sinner LIVE: Zverev extends winning run to 15 matches, makes US Open 2021 QF after straight-sets win over Jannik Sinner- World No.4 Alexander Zverev is in sensational form at the US Open 2021. He is now 15 games unbeaten across all competitions as he made light work of Jannik Sinner, claiming a 6-4, 6-4, 7-6 win. Should he continue his winning run, a potential semi-final matchup against World No.1 Novak Djokovic awaits the German ace.
Zverev is in the best form of his career, winning the Tokyo Olympics gold, before clinching the title at Cincinnati. He has just lost three sets during this streak, showing great ruthlessness, helping him remain fresh for games.
“Players with confidence who have played a lot of matches usually know what to do in these situations,” Zverev said in his on-court interview. “I think I played pretty good tennis in the second set and the first set as well. I feel like I played one bad game in the whole match and it made it very difficult in the third set, so I’m happy to be through in straights.”
Zverev is yet to win a grand slam title and should he do so at the Flushing Meadows, he will become the second after Andy Murray to have won the Olympic Gold and the US Open in the same year. The German will next play in-form South African Lloyd Harris, who battled past big-serving American Reilly Opelka 6-7(6), 6-4, 6-1, 6-3.
Alexander Zverev vs Jannick Sinner LIVE: Zverev extends winning run to 15 matches, makes US Open 2021 QF after straight-sets win over Jannik Sinner
— US Open Tennis (@usopen) September 6, 2021
- Game. Set. Match. Zverev breaks to clinch a straight-sets win over Jannick Sinner
- Zverev turns it around, takes an 8-7 lead, needs a break to win the match.
- Sinner manages to hold onto his lead, makes it 7-6 in the tie-breaker.
- Sinner takes 6-4 lead, Zverev reduces the deficit to just one point.
- Zverev fights back, pounces to level at 4-4.
- Sinner means business, races to 3-1 lead
- Zverev keeps his calm, forces a third set tie-breaker.
- Sinner takes game 11, Zverev serves to stay in the set.
- Zverev responds in style, level set 3 at 5-5.
- Sinner serves to take 5-4 lead, Zverev to serve to stay in the set.
- Sinner breaks, levels scores at 4-4 as a thrilling finish on the cards for the third set.
- Back and forth service games ensue, Zverev two games away from straight sets win.
- Zverev extends lead to 3-1, but Sinner holds his serve to reduce it to just one game
- Zverev breaks early, takes 2-1 lead, inches closer to the quarter-finals
- Zverev continues his dominance on the serve, responds to level score at 1-1.
- Sinner wins his service, takes 1-0 lead
- Zverev serves well, wins the second set with an identical 6-4 scoreline
- Zverev breaks, will serve for the set with scores at 5-4.
- Zverev hits back with his dominant service again, second set all square at 4-4.
- Sinner takes his fourth service game of the set, leads 4-3
- Zverev is unrelenting, makes it 3-3 on his serve
- Sinner makes the most of his serve, leads 3-2.
- Back and forth start to second set, both players take their service games for the scores to be tied at 2-2.
— US Open Tennis (@usopen) September 6, 2021
- Zverev hits back on the serve, takes first set 6-4
- Sinner holds on, saves set point to reduce the deficit to 5-4
- Sinner hits back, but Zverev restores the lead, one break away from winning first set. 5-3
- Zverev continues dominance, goes 4-2 ahead
- Zverev shows his class, breaks to go 3-2
- Zverev hits back instantly, restores parity at 2-2
- Sinner holds his serve, leads 2-1 in opening exchanges
- Alexander Zverev, Jannik Sinner make good starts, take their first service games. Scores 1-1
Alexander Zverev was expected to continue his stellar form in the tournament and ease past 13th seed Jannik Sinner to enter round 4. Like Djokovic Zverev too has lost only a couple of sets in the first three matches at the US Open. He is unbeaten in his last 10 matches in men’s singles. He has won as many as 17 out of 22 hard court matches in 2021.
Sinner, on the other hand, had managed hard-fought victories against Gael Monfils, Z Svajda and Max Purcell. Meanwhile, the 16th ranked player has won 23 out of 31 hard court matches in 2021.
Alexander Zverev has had a relatively comfortable route to the last 16 and takes on Italian Jannik Sinner, who has gone through the wringer and been on court nearly 10 hours, double that of the fourth seed.
“It’s great to spend as little time as possible on the court in the first week because that is where you kind of gain and win in the second week,” Zverev said.
- Alexander Zverev is chasing his maiden Grand Slam title. He had ended as runner-up in the last edition of the US Open.
- The German is coming on the back of 13 straight wins. He had made it to the Semifinals of the French Open and round 4 at Wimbledon.
- Jannik Sinner is playing in round 4 for the first time in his tennis career.
- The Italian’s best is playing in the Quarterfinals of the French Open 2020. He needs to play out of his skin if he has to beat Zverev.
Alexander Zverev vs Jannik Sinner LIVE streaming in US Open 2021
India Kickoff Time: 9.30 PM
US Open 2021 LIVE streaming: US Open will be LIVE streamed in across all six out of seven continents in the world (except Antarctica).
India: Tennis fans in India can enjoy the US Open LIVE coverage on TV at your home or office on Star Sports. On the move, you can switch onto the OTT-platform Hotstar.
Europe (including United Kingdom (UK): Eurosport is the exclusive broadcast partner in continental Europe, reaching 52 countries. Other International partners include Prime Video in the United Kingdom and Ireland.
US & Canada: Tennis Channel and ESPN in the US.
Canada: TSN and RDS in
Japan: WOWOW has partnered with the US Open since 1992 and holds the exclusive US Open television rights in Japan.
Middle East & Africa: beIN Sports in the Middle East and North Africa
Sub-Saharan Africa: SuperSport
America and Oceania: ESPN International in Mexico, Central America, the Caribbean, South America, and Oceania
Southeast Asia: Fox Sports in Southeast Asia
For more sports news and US Open 2021 LIVE updates, follow us at insidesport.co