US Open 2021 Records: List of records that can be achieved at US Open feat. Novak Djokovic and Naomi Osaka- The much-awaited US Open Draws have been released and we can’t wait for the live action. All eyes will be on World No.1 Novak Djokovic, Ash Barty, and Naomi Osaka as US Open gets underway from August 30. While Djokovic is set to become the first tennis player to win calendar grand slam in the 21st century and pip Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer, Naomi Osaka will be looking to add another feather to her cap.
- US Open 2021 Records: Calendar Grand Slam
Djokovic can become the first player in the 21st century to achieve the calendar grand slam.
As many as 5 players have won calendar grand slams.
Steffi Graf- 1988,
Margaret Court– 1970,
Rod Laver– 1962 & 1969,
Don Budge– 1937
As mentioned, no player has won the calendar grand slam in the 21st century.
- US Open 2021 Records: Most Grand Slams
Novak Djokovic can overtake Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal to win most grand slams in men’s singles. The three big players in men’s tennis have won 20 Grand Slams each.
Novak Djokovic (Serbia)
Australian Open: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2019, 2020, 2021
French Open: 2016, 2021
Wimbledon: 2011, 2014, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2021
US Open: 2011, 2015, 2018
Rafael Nadal (Spain)
Australian Open: 2009
French Open: 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
Wimbledon: 2008, 2010
US Open: 2010, 2013, 2017, 2019
Roger Federer (Switzerland)
Australian Open: 2004, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2017, 2018
French Open: 2009
Wimbledon: 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012, 2017
US Open: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
- US Open 2021 Records: Djokovic can create history at US Open
The 34-year-old can go to win his 4th title at the US Open, only second-highest after Roger Federer, Pete Sampras, and Jimmy Connors in Open Era. He will equal John McEnroe who has won the year’s fourth grand slam on four occasions.
MOST SINGLES CHAMPIONSHIPS- MEN
|T1. Roger Federer||5||2004-08|
|T1. Pete Sampras||5||1990, ‘93, ‘95-96, 2002|
|T1. Jimmy Connors||5||1974, ‘76, ‘78, ‘82-83|
|4. John McEnroe||4||1979-81, ’84|
- US Open 2021 Records: 6 big records that can be achieved at US Open feat. Novak Djokovic and Naomi OsakaOnly a couple of players have won the Australian Open and US Open women’s singles titles in the same year since Arthur Ashe Stadium opened in 1997. They are Martina Hingis, winner of the stadium’s inaugural women’s final, and Angelique Kerber five years ago. 4-time Grand slam champion Naomi Osaka can join the elite club if she is able to defend her US Open title.
- US Open 2021 Records: As per US Open, A third singles title at the US Open for Osaka would not only tie her with Kim Clijsters, Billie Jean King, and Margaret Court Smith for fourth place on the Open era list for most singles championships. The US Open 2021 crown will also take her equal with 5-time Grand Slam champion Maria Sharapova.
- US Open 2021 Records: Title defence
Title defence has become a big topic of discussion in the last few Grand Slams. None of the women’s players in singles are able to win the title once again. Serena Williams had last defended her 2016 Wimbledon title. Since then, no women’s player is able to win the title once again. Since the 2015 US Open, we have had 15 first-time champions, including Ash Barty (Wimbledon), Barbora Krejcikova (Roland Garros) and Naomi Osaka (Australian Open) in 2021.
US Open Defending Champion: Women’s singles- Naomi Osaka
- US Open 2021 Records: Oldest Grand Slam champion
The 33-year-old Victoria Azarenka could become the third oldest women’s Tennis player to win women’s singles at US Open among active players. Only 23-time Grand Slam Serena Williams has won Grand Slams titles at 35 years of age. She can also pip Flavia Pannetta to become the oldest player to win the US Open in the history of the Open Era.
|1. Flavia Pennetta||2015||33 years, 6 months, 18 days|
|2. Serena Williams||2014||32 years, 11 months, 11 days|
|3. Margaret Smith Court||1973||31 years, 1 month, 23 days|
- US Open 2021 Records: Coco Gauff can become the youngest US Open Champion among active players
USA’s Coco Gauff has impressed with her sensational performance in the Grand Slams in 2021. She made it to the Quarterfinals of the French Open and followed it with Round 4 at Wimbledon. She will look for her breakthrough at the US Open 2021.
|1. Tracy Austin||1979||16 years, 8 months, 28 days|
|2. Martina Hingis||1997||16 years, 11 months, 8 days|
|3. Monica Seles||1991||17 years, 9 months, 5 days|
For more sports news and US Open 2021 latest updates, follow us at insidesport.co