Emma Raducanu vs Maria Sakkari LIVE streaming: British teen sensation Emma Raducanu created history on Friday as she set up a US Open 2021 Final clash against Canada’s Leylah Fernandez. The 18-year-old defeated Maria Sakkari in straight sets at the Flushing Meadows. Raducanu becomes the first British woman to reach a Grand Slam final in 44 years, and is yet to drop a set at the US Open so far. Raducanu becomes the first qualifier to reach the final at a Grand Slam
US Open 2021 Semifinals: British teen Emma Raducanu creates history, reaches US Open final after 6-1, 6-4 win over Maria Sakkari
Believe it, @EmmaRaducanu
— US Open Tennis (@usopen) September 10, 2021
- Game. Set. Match. Raducanu clinches her place in the US Ope Final with a 6-1, 6-4 win.
- Sakkari holds her serve, makes it 5-4. Raducanu to serves for the match.
- Raducanu makes the most of her service game to go with a game of reaching the US Open Final. 5-3.
- Sakkari holds her serve again, reduces the deficit to 4-3.
- Sakkari holds her serve to reduce the deficit to 3-2, but Raducanu instantly hits back to go within two games of victory.
- Raducanu continues to dominate on her serve, goes 3-1 ahead.
- The 18-year-old breaks in game three, goes 2-1 ahead, inches closer to the final.
- Raducanu holds her serve, levels up at 1-1
- Sakkari starts well, holds her serve to go 1-0 up.
Emma Raducanu is incredible.
The 18-year-old takes the first set, 6-1, over Sakkari. pic.twitter.com/ap0dBtD2CG
— US Open Tennis (@usopen) September 10, 2021
- Raducanu holds her serve, takes the first set in an emphatic fashion. One set away from US Open final.
- A little too late, Sakkari holds her serve to reduce the deficit, Raducanu to serve for the set.
- Raducanu goes 5-0 up, is one break away from Set 1 win.
- After failing the first time, Raducanu sealed the break on her second attempt to 4-0 ahead, Sakkari is struggling to match up to the 18-year-old
- Maria Sakkari is struggling to convert her breaks, as she concedes four more breakpoints, as Raducanu bounced back to go 3-0 ahead.
- Raducanu punishes Sakkari, converts her breakpoint to go 2-0 up.
- Emma Raducano holds on, saves three break points to go 1-0 up.
@7:45 AM: Both players have taken the court and the action is about to begin shortly.
Who is Emma Raducanu?
Raducanu is a member of the LTA’s Pro Scholarship Programme, providing support – including physio, wellbeing, medical, financial, and access to the National Tennis Centre – to the best 16-24-year-old players in Britain.
Now coached by Nigel Sears (who worked previously with Daniela Hantuchova and Ana Ivanovic), Raducanu is the only child of Romanian and Chinese parents. Born in Toronto, she has lived in south London since the age of two.
She began in the sport at age five, but until her A-Levels in maths and economics were safely completed in April, education was her chief focus – she attended the same school as Britain’s 200m world champion Dina Asher-Smith.
Meanwhile, she amassed three ITF titles, while dabbling in a spot of motocross and go-karting in her downtime. Before Wimbledon, her season’s earnings were barely in four figures sterling.
Who said what: Emma Raducanu vs Maria Sakkari
“She’s a new player on tour so I don’t know much about her,” Sakkari said as quoted by WTA.
“Obviously she’s having the tournament of her life. She deserves to be here. She has won all these matches.
“But I wouldn’t call myself the favorite. I think we all have equal chances of winning the semifinals and then winning the title. I would give 25% to each starting tomorrow, then 50 to the two finalists. We are all for a reason here. We’re all playing well. It was not like we had five walkovers. I’m excited to play a second semifinal this year.”
Road to Semifinals
- Beat Bencic 6-3, 6-4
- Beat Rogers 6-2, 6-1
- Beat Sorribes Tormo 6-0, 6-1
- Beat Zhang 6-2, 6-4
- Beat Voegele 6-2, 6-3
- Defeated Pliskova 6-4, 6-4
- Defeated Andreescu 6-7(7), 7-8(8), 6-3
- Defeated Kvitova 6-4, 6-3
- Defeated Siniakova 6-4, 6-2
- Defeated Kostyuk 6-4, 6-3
US Open 2021 Semifinals: Emma Raducanu vs Maria Sakkari- Follow LIVE updates
US Open 2021 LIVE streaming: US Open will be LIVE streamed across all six out of seven continents in the world (except Antarctica).
India: Tennis fans in India can enjoy the US Open LIVE coverage on TV at your home or office on Star Sports. On the move, you can switch onto the OTT-platform Hotstar.
Europe (including United Kingdom (UK): Eurosport is the exclusive broadcast partner in continental Europe, reaching 52 countries. Other International partners include Prime Video in the United Kingdom and Ireland.
US & Canada: Tennis Channel and ESPN in the US.
Canada: TSN and RDS in
Japan: WOWOW has partnered with the US Open since 1992 and holds the exclusive US Open television rights in Japan.
Middle East & Africa: beIN Sports in the Middle East and North Africa
Sub-Saharan Africa: SuperSport
America and Oceania: ESPN International in Mexico, Central America, the Caribbean, South America, and Oceania
Southeast Asia: Fox Sports in Southeast Asia
For more sports news and US Open 2021 Quarterfinals LIVE updates, follow us at insidesport.co