US Open Final Live: Novak Djokovic breaks his racket in anger during US Open final against Daniil Medvedev – Watch – World’s number 1 Tennis player Novak Djokovic broke his racket in anger during the US Open Final as he absolutely stunned and easily defeated by Daniil Medvedev in straight sets. Medvedev won 6-4, 6-4, 6-4.
US Open Final Live: Novak Djokovic breaks his racket in anger during US Open final against Daniil Medvedev – Watch
— Buzz Bishop (@buzzbishop) September 12, 2021
US Open Final Live – Novak Djokovic breaks his racket: Daniil Medvedev, who is ranked number 2 by ATP, claimed the first set in the match by breaking Djokovic’s service twice. In the second set, Djokovic could not control his anger after making an unforced error. Umpire, however, just gave him a warning for the racket abuse.
Earlier in a similar kind of incident, Djokovic broke the racket during the bronze medal match at Tokyo 2020.
US Open Final – Medvedev Stuns Djokovic: The entire frustration of losing the match was too much for Djokovic to handle. The Serb was thrashed by Russian.
With this win, Medvedev broke Djokovic’s dream of claiming YEAR-SLAM & also record 21st Grand Slam title.
US Open Final: Dream shattered for Novak Djokovic, Daniil Medvedev stuns the Serb to claim his first-ever Grand Slam title, follow live
US Open Final – Medvedev Stuns Djokovic: Djokovic’s bid to sweep the US, French and Australian Opens and Wimbledon in the same year for the first time since Rod Laver did it 52 years ago collapsed at the last hurdle, with 83-year-old Aussie legend Laver among 23,700 watching at Arthur Ashe Stadium.
Djokovic missed out on his fourth US Open title and will enter 2022 tied with “Big Three” rivals Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal, both absent with injuries, on an all-time record 20 men’s Slam titles.
Instead of joining immortals Laver and Don Budge, who completed the first men’s Slam in 1938, Djokovic became the third man to fall at the final attempting to complete the Slam after Australians Jack Crawford in 1933 and Lew Hoad in 1956.
Medvedev, 25, became the third Russian man to win a Grand Slam title after Yevgeny Kafelnikov at the 1996 French Open and 1999 Australian Open and Marat Safin at the 2000 US Open and 2005 Australian Open.
US Open Finals 2021: Novak Djokovic records
Novak Djokovic (Serbia)
- Previous best US Open finish: W (2011, 2015, 2018)
- Previous best Grand Slam showing: W (9 AO, 2 FO, 6 W, 3 USO)
- Sets win-loss at 2021 US Open: 18-2
- Games win-loss at 2021 US Open: 134-89
- Time spent on court through QFs: 17 hours, 23 minutes
MOST GRAND SLAMS
Djokovic is set to overtake Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal. The trio are currently level on 20 Grand Slams each.
- Australian Open: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2019, 2020, 2021
- French Open: 2016, 2021
- Wimbledon: 2011, 2014, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2021
- US Open: 2011, 2015, 2018
Rafael Nadal (Spain)
- Australian Open: 2009
- French Open: 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
- Wimbledon: 2008, 2010
- US Open: 2010, 2013, 2017, 2019
Roger Federer (Switzerland)
- Australian Open: 2004, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2017, 2018
- French Open: 2009
- Wimbledon: 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012, 2017
- US Open: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008