Virat Kohli breaks another Sachin Tendulkar’s record in India vs Australia 3rd ODI : Team India skipper Virat Kohli added another feather to his illustrious cap by becoming the fastest to reach 12,000 runs in ODI cricket and in the process broke another record set by the legendary Sachin Tendulkar. The 32-year-old achieved the feat in the third ODI against Australia at the Manuka Oval on Wednesday.
ALSO CHECK: IND vs AUS 3rd ODI Live SCORE
Tendulkar completed 12,000 ODI runs in 300 innings. Whereas Kohli took just 242 innings to reach the landmark figure.
Fastest to 12,000 runs in ODIs:
- Virat Kohli – 251 matches, 242 innings
- Sachin Tendukar – 309 matches, 300 innings
- Ricky Ponting – 323 matches, 314 innings
- Kumar Sangakkara – 359 matches, 336 innings
- Sanath Jayasuriya – 390 matches, 379 innings
- Mahela Jayawardene – 426 matches, 399 innings
Earlier on Sunday, Kohli became the fastest batsman to reach 22,000 international runs. He achieved this landmark during his 89-run inning while chasing against Australia in the second ODI in Sydney.
Kohli completed his 22,000th run in his 462nd international inning. The Delhi batsman surpassed Tendulkar, Brian Lara, and Ricky Ponting who took 493, 511, and 514 innings respectively to record the same feat.