World Cup 2019 LIVE: Star Sports dedicates 19 screens for opener

When and where to get World Cup 2019 different feeds on Star Sports network

Star Sports has dedicated 19 screens for LIVE broadcast of the ICC World Cup opener between hosts England and South Africa.

The countdown for the ICC World Cup 2019 is over with the 10 customary, unofficial warm-up games. It’s time for the real action to unfold with hosts England taking on South Africa at the Kennington Oval, London, on Thursday, May 30.

The match will be broadcast to over 200 territories by the 25 broadcasters of International Cricket Council. In India, ICC media rights holder and exclusive broadcaster Star Sports will telecast the action LIVE on up to 19 network channels, making it the biggest ICC World Cup ever from the broadcast perspective in India.

Star India has dedicated 19 screens for the opener between England and South Africa, to be broadcast live in seven languages, including English and Hindi, on Star Sports 1, Star Sports 1HD, Star Sports 2, Star Sports 2 HD, Star Sports 1 Hindi, Star Sports 1 Hindi HD, Star Sports 1 Tamil, Star Sports 1 Telugu, Star Sports 1 Kannada, Star Sports 1 Bangla, Star Sports Select 1, Star Sports Select 1 HD, as well as movie channels Star Gold and Star Gold HD (Hindi), Vijay Super (Tamil), Maa Movies (Telugu), Jalsha Movies (Bangla), Suvarna Plus (Kannada) and Asianet Plus (Tamil).

Also Read: World Cup 2019: Uber anthem to be played during matches

ICC World Cup: Select Dugout is back on Star Sports Select 1

ICC World Cup LIVE: Catch India’s matches in Inox multiplexes

Does Dhoni really feel pressure of bringing Cup home!

The subsequent games from May 31 to June 4 will be broadcast on Star Sports 1, Star Sports 1HD, Star Sports 2, Star Sports 2 HD, Star Sports 1 Hindi, Star Sports 1 Hindi HD, Star Sports 1 Tamil, Star Sports 1 Telugu, Star Sports 1 Kannada and Star Sports 1 Bangla.

Hindi broadcast contributes to up to 55% share of Star Sports cricket ratings with the remaining 45% shared almost equally between the English and other regional audience. Tamil remains the biggest market for regional language feed.

The pre- and post-match live shows for all the games will also be broadcast in seven languages across ten network channels. The 90-minute pre-match show will be on air from 1:30 pm (IST), the LIVE broadcast from the venue starts at 3:00 pm while the post-match analysis are scheduled from 10:30 pm to 11 pm.

OTT platform Hotstar will simulcast all the seven language feeds.

The ICC World Cup Opening Party today (Wednesday) will be telecast on Star Sports 1, Star Sports 1 HD, Star Sports 2 and Star Sports 2 HD from 9:30 pm to 10:30 pm India time.

Meanwhile, a major development might leave the Marathi-speaking cricket fans disappointed as the broadcaster is not ready to launch the Star Sports Marathi channel. The launch of the new regional channel, insidespot.co has learnt, now may be delayed until the Pro Kabaddi League, scheduled to start from July 20.

Also Read: ICC World Cup: The commercial journey from 1975 to 2019

ICC World Cup 2019: ICC releases official song for World Cup

ICC World Cup 2019: Organisers brace for 500+ total