WWE Extreme Rules: After Money in the Bank in July and Summerslam in August, WWE has announced its next PPV event i.e., WWE Extreme Rules, scheduled for September 26. Last year Extreme Rules took place as ‘The Horror Show’ on July 19, 2020, with the cinematic bout Bray Wyatt vs. Braun Strowman headlining the PPV event.
As WWE continues to get back to pre-COVID normalcy, this would be their third PPV event in a row to take place outside the Thunderdome. WWE Extreme Rules 2021 will be taking place at the Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio.
— WWE (@WWE) August 22, 2021
WWE Extreme Rules: Becky Lynch vs. Bianca Belair almost set for the PPV
Bianca Belair has earned her opportunity for a rematch against Becky Lynch for the Smackdown Women’s Championship. The former Smackdown Women’s Champion defeated Carmella, Liv Morgan, and Zelina Vega in a Fatal 4-way Elimination Match in the post-Summerslam edition of Smackdown. The two are speculated to collide on September 26 at the Extreme Rules PPV.
WWE Extreme Rules: Clash of Champions was previously rumored for September
Previously, it was the Clash of Champions PPV rumored to take place in September 2021. However, with WWE announcing its latest 11 new tour dates, it is clear that Extreme Rules will be the next PPV that will take place after Summerslam, scheduled for August 21 at the Allegiant Stadium.
This year, the company planned to return back to normal, and the first step in this direction was rescheduling WWE Money in the Bank PPV that generally takes place in June every year. This time though, Hell in a Cell got scheduled earlier as the company believed Money in the Bank would gain more pop and would be much better in front of the live audience.
Here are the dates and venues for WWE’s next 11 tours following the 25-city tour.
- Saturday, September 11: Supershow – Capital One Arena in Washington DC
- Sunday, September 12: Supershow – Times Union Center in Albany, NY
- Monday, September 13: Raw – TD Garden in Boston, MA
- Friday, September 17: SmackDown – State Farm Arena in Atlanta, GA
- Saturday, September 18: WWE Live – North Charleston Coliseum in North Charleston, SC
- Sunday, September 19: WWE Live – James Brown Arena in Augusta, GA
- Monday, September 20: Raw – PNC Arena in Raleigh, NC
- Friday, September 24: SmackDown – Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia, PA
- Saturday, September 25: Supershow – Giant Center in Hershey, PA
- Sunday, September 26: Extreme Rules – Nationwide Arena in Columbus, OH
- Monday, September 27: Raw – Heritage Bank Center in Cincinnati, OH
WWE Extreme Rules: The tickets for Extreme Rules will go on sale from July 16.