WWE NXT: The Halloween Havoc edition of WWE NXT is reportedly set to return this year. Next Tuesday night (September 7) would be the final episode of the Black & Gold show ahead of the highly anticipated revamp of the show from September 14 onwards. Halloween Havoc is another major addition Bruce Pritchard and Vince McMahon are planning for a revamped NXT.
WWE NXT: What is Halloween Havoc?
The Halloween Havoc was a PPV event of WCW that was in existence from 1998 till 2000. After more than 20 years, it returned as WWE NXT Halloween Havoc in 2020, and the themed PPV will be back for its second NXT run this year in October, tentatively on the October 26 episode of Tuesday night WWE NXT.
Talking about last year’s NXT Halloween Havoc, it was held on October 28. Multiple matches took place on the night, and below are the results,
- Johnny Gargano defeated Damian Priest in a Devil’s Playground Match to win the NXT North American Title
- Santos Escobar defeated Jake Atlas
- Rhea Ripley defeated Raquel Gonzalez
- Dexter Lumis defeated Cameron Grimes in a Haunted House of Terror Match
- Io Shirai defeated Candice LeRaw in a Tables, Ladders & Scares match to retain the NXT Women’s Title
WWE NXT: Halloween Havoc will be the icing on the cake for a revamped NXT
September 14 would be a “New Day” in the history of WWE NXT. The show will get a makeover with new things and Dexter Lumis & Indi Hartwell’s marriage is the only segment announced so far for the show. Apart from the new logo and new theme music, the show’s format will be changed, and it is expected to go back to the developmental brand of WWE. Having a Halloween Havoc edition would help the revamp grab eyeballs.